Hey CK you going to this?

uscitizen

Villified User
Feb 12, 5:48 PM EST

Bush to hit lecture circuit with speech in Canada

DALLAS (AP) -- Former President George W. Bush is getting ready to hit the lecture circuit.

A co-owner of a Canadian company that organizes high-profile speaking events confirmed Thursday that Bush is scheduled to speak March 17 at a luncheon in Calgary, Alberta.

The invitation says Bush will discuss "his eight momentous years in the Oval Office" and "the challenges facing the world in the 21st century."

The event is Bush's first confirmed speaking engagement. Booking agency partner Andy McCreath declined to discuss Bush's speaking fee. A spokesman with the Office of George W. Bush in Dallas also declined comment.

McCreath says he expects about 1,500 people to attend the speech. Event sponsors include the Calgary Chamber of Commerce, an accounting firm, a law firm and an organization for financial analysts.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BUSH_SPEECH?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Calgary is a conservative city. He will receive a warm welcome.

It's about the only place in Canada that he'd receive a warm welcome, however. :p

Last edited:
Event sponsors include the Calgary Chamber of Commerce, an accounting firm, a law firm and an organization for financial analysts.

I can see that those in the fields of accountancy, the law and financial analysis would have much to learn from such a guest speaker.

Seeing as the Calgary Chamber of Commerce is also involved, perhaps the venue is conveniently located next to a shoe shop?
I've been thinking of renting that cutout of President Bush from the uber-church down the road a piece (Colorado Springs) seeing as they don't need to pray over it anymore.

I figured I can set it up and sell turns at throwing footwear at a popular target. I can even get more money if I take videos.

Of course, I'll donate all the cash to the first actual conservative running in the next election.

I've been thinking of renting that cutout of President Bush from the uber-church down the road a piece (Colorado Springs) seeing as they don't need to pray over it anymore.

I figured I can set it up and sell turns at throwing footwear at a popular target. I can even get more money if I take videos.

Of course, I'll donate all the cash to the first actual conservative running in the next election.

Good idea (apart from donating money to politicians, obviously)

One word of caution though. You may want to provide your own stock of old footwear for throwing purposes. Knowing the public mindset, like i do, if they are permitted to throw their own shoes they will certainly be tempted to double their pleasure by stepping in dog shit prior to launching a loafer.

I can't imagine a man of your stature enjoying the task of scraping the rapidly hardening remains of fresh dog turds from the cardboard face of your former President.

Good idea (apart from donating money to politicians, obviously)

One word of caution though. You may want to provide your own stock of old footwear for throwing purposes. Knowing the public mindset, like i do, if they are permitted to throw their own shoes they will certainly be tempted to double their pleasure by stepping in dog shit prior to launching a loafer.

I can't imagine a man of your stature enjoying the task of scraping the rapidly hardening remains of fresh dog turds from the cardboard face of your former President.
Duly noted. I'll have to stop by the second-hand store to provide clean footwear for the pitching. I'll also need to give it good distance so that the cutout appears more real in the video (just less physically capable of dodging the missiles).

I think the next actual conservative running may be me, so the donation just won't be that cumbersome.

I was hoping to be able to hurl one of my size 13 work boots at the cutout.

But I guess you want it to last a little longer, huh?

Sounds like an excellent business plan.

Duly noted. I'll have to stop by the second-hand store to provide clean footwear for the pitching. I'll also need to give it good distance so that the cutout appears more real in the video (just less physically capable of dodging the missiles).

I think the next actual conservative running may be me, so the donation just won't be that cumbersome.

Well, if the cash is going towards electing a man who has pledged to devote his entire political life to ensuring no dog shall be without headwear, then i have no objection.

Back