High school kid figures out how to make plastic bags biodegrade

Imagine what we would have in the sense of technology if we had invested in these types of scientific inquiry?

Wrongo, the landfill my trash goes to only seperates out magnetic metals. The rest gest buried. I have to drive 12 miles to put recyclables in a bin..with the price of gas....

Wrongo, the landfill my trash goes to only seperates out magnetic metals. The rest gest buried. I have to drive 12 miles to put recyclables in a bin..with the price of gas....

Obviously a conspiracy to force you into polluting. I'm going to get Desh on the case ASAP.

Simply growing two types of bacterium in cultures to decompose plastics is awesome. I was going to go and search up the fact that plastics do decompose but he already did it for me.

This will work for far more than just baggies too.

Most landfills do try to find recycling purchasors. Our land fill here has contracts with paper, metal and plastic recyclers but the paper recycler has such a back fill of paper he has suspended the contract until further notice. So we have gone back to burying it. Not so bad, paper degrades fairly well. I wonder if this kid can patent his idea or something. All that work should be well rewarded.

Back