Hillary will use nukes to defend Saudi, UAE, Kuwait???

Little-Acorn

This was a rather stunning announcement during the recent Democrat debate. I have to wonder if it's just an unprepared, off-the-cuff remark, as Obama's promise to invade Pakistan last year was. But the use of nuclear weapons (the classic U.S. definition of "massive retaliation") is not something to be bandied about lightly.

If John McCain (or George Bush or Ronald Reagan) had made this statement, would the media have ignored it for them as they are doing for Hillary?

------------------------------------------------

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62154

Dick Morris: Has Hillary gone ballistic?
Senator offers to protect Saudis, others with nuclear weapons

Posted: April 21, 2008
12:01 am Eastern

WASHINGTON – Overlooked in ABC's Democratic presidential debate in Philadelphia was a new defense doctrine offered by Hillary Clinton that would have the U.S. defend Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates with nuclear weapons, political consultant and pundit Dick Morris points out today.

"Hillary's commitment to use nuclear weapons to defend Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Kuwait, which she made in the ABC Philadelphia debate went largely unnoticed," Morris told WND. "(George) Stephanopoulos, who asked the question, was too focused on Obama's wearing or not wearing a flag pin in his lapel."

Here's what Clinton said: "We should be looking to create an umbrella of deterrence that goes much further than just Israel. Of course I would make it clear to the Iranians that an attack on Israel would incur massive retaliation from the United States. But I would do the same with other countries in the region ... . You can't go to the Saudis or the Kuwaities or UAE and others who have a legitimate concern about Iran and say, well, don't acquire these weapons to defend yourself unless you're also willing to say we will provide a deterrent backup."

Morris, who worked as a political consultant for Bill Clinton, suggests the sweeping new defense doctrine offered up by Hillary Clinton is "perhaps influenced by her husband's $15 million paycheck from Dubai or the $10 million the Saudi monarchy gave to his library."

In a column today in the New York Post, Morris asks: "Has Hillary gone ballistic? This bizarre new foreign policy stance went right over the pro-Clinton head of ABC's debate moderator, George Stephanopolous, who was too busy checking his list of pro-Hillary questions to recognize the import of Clinton's answer. But the fact is that no American president has ever made so sweeping a commitment in the region. Hillary certainly appears willing to break new ground."

He concludes by saying: "If there is one real warmonger in this race, it is Hillary Clinton, who is now willing to risk our cities to save some of the most repressive regimes in the Middle East."

I totally disagree with the words "massive retalliation" as being equivalent to Nukes....it isn't even close....

Look at Iraq, we caused massive destruction and we didn't use nuclear warheads to do it...?

On a second note, what in heavens name is she saying, another Iraq? The Bush Doctrine, preeminent war?

Care

I totally disagree with the words "massive retalliation" as being equivalent to Nukes....it isn't even close....

*sigh*

Another poster child for of public school "education" stands forth.

Perhaps you googled the term before you started opposing it, and got no results, and so thought you were on firm ground?

Try spelling it "massive retaliation" instead, when you google it. You may be surprised at what you find. As I said, it's a classical reference invented and used by the United States, meaning a nuclear response to aggression.

And BTW, it's "pre-emptive". You'll have a much easier time convincing people you know what you're talking about, if you learn to spell the more important words first.

Pronunciation is important to, in case you ever actually talk to people. How many times have leftist extremists derided President Bush for things like "Noo-kyoo-lar", "strateegery", etc., and cited them as proof he was somehow "stupid"?

Back to the subject:
Rabidly anti-military people like Hillary have spent very little conscious thought on the actual problems of National Defense, the proper use of military power, and above all on the huge problems of how and why we should restrain the use of American nuclear capability while still preserving it as a viable deterrent.

On the rare occasions when she does think about such things, she comes out with wild statements like this one.

Didn't some Democrat Presidential candidate say recently, that the Oval Office is not a suitable place to get OJT (On-the-Job Training)? Who was that, again?

And her lack of training on THIS subject, has to be the most dangerous lack of all.

Last edited:
"Another poster child for of public school "education" stands forth"

This is grammatically incorrect. I'm not sure what "for of" is supposed to indicate.

"Pronunciation is important to,"

This is an incorrect use of the word "to." Perhaps you meant to use "too."

"On the rare occasionas"

"Occasions" is spelled incorrectly.

*sigh*

Another poster child for of public school "education" stands forth.

Perhaps you googled the term before you started opposing it, and got no results, and so thought you were on firm ground?

Try spelling it "massive retaliation" instead, when you google it. You may be surprised at what you find. As I said, it's a classical reference invented and used by the United States, meaning a nuclear response to aggression.

And BTW, it's "pre-emptive". You'll have a much easier time convincing people you know what you're talking about, if you learn to spell the more important words first.

Pronunciation is important to, in case you ever actually talk to people. How many times have leftist extremists derided President Bush for things like "Noo-kyoo-lar", "strateegery", etc., and cited them as proof he was somehow "stupid"?

Back to the subject:
Rabidly anti-military people like Hillary have spent very little conscious thought on the actual problems of National Defense, the proper use of military power, and above all on the huge problems of how and why we should restrain the use of American nuclear capability while still preserving it a a viable deterrent.

On the rare occasionas when she does think about such things, she comes out with wild statements like this one.

Didn't some Democrat Presidential candidate say recently, that the Oval Office is not a suitable place to get OJT (On-the-Job Training)? Who was that, again?

And her lack of training on THIS subject, has to be the most dangerous lack of all.

pre-emptive war and preeminent war IS one and the same, little acorn....fyi

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS247US254&q=preeminent+war"]403 Forbidden[/ame]

Perhaps you (should have) googled the term before you started opposing it, and got no results, and so thought you were on firm ground?
:clink: lol

care

Thanks, typos fixed (including a few you didn't catch).

Back to the subject:
Hillary's wild statement about nuclear responses does raise a serious question. How much studying has she done on the history of the military's use and handling of nuclear weapons, and the part they have played in international negotiations and deterrence? This is probably the most important thing a President can study, and is vitally important to master BEFORE one gets into any kind of conflict with another country.

Hillary has been expounding on her "thirty years of experience" as a reason people should vote for her. But most of the thirty years has been spent detesting the military and campaigning for their reduction or even elimination.

Will she be ready to use nukes, or more importantly, NOT use them, when the time comes?

pre-emptive war and preeminent war IS one and the same, little acorn....fyi

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS247US254&q=preeminent+war
I clicked on your link, and found nothing but references that agreed with my citation, and none that agreed with yours. Did you even read your own references? :confused:

"Pre-emptive war" means striking before you get struck, starting a war before the enemy attacks you. Usually used when the enemy is clearly poised for the attack and ready and willing to move. The classic example occurred in Israel in 1967. After attacking Israel twice in as many decades, Egypt had once again lined up hundreds of tanks, artillery pieces, and armies of troops along the border with Israel, and was publishing newspapers and radioing incessant threats from the government about "pushing the Jews into the sea". This time Israel jumped first, and destroyed huge numbers of the enemy on the ground, as well as much of Egypt's air force. Due to this pre-emptive strike, the rest of the battle was fought on nearly even terms, with Israel emerging the victor.

"Preeminent" means "most noticeable", or "most important". Has nothing to do with when something takes place... as every one of the articles you cited, show.

Thanks for proving my point. Both points, actually: the one about pre-emptive war, and the one about your credibility being destroyed by a lavish display of your ignorance of the most basic ideas in the debate.

You really should study up before pretending you know something. You'll embarrass yourself a lot less, and you may even learn something useful.

I clicked on your link, and found nothing but references that agreed with my citation, and none that agreed with yours. Did you even read your own references? :confused:

"Pre-emptive war" means striking before you get struck, starting a war before the enemy attacks you. Usually used when the enemy is clearly poised for the attack and ready and willing to move. The classic example occurred in Israel in 1967. After attacking Israel twice in as many decades, Egypt had once again lined up hundreds of tanks, artillery pieces, and armies of troops along the border with Israel, and was publishing newspapers and radioing incessant threats from the government about "pushing the Jews into the sea". This time Israel jumped first, and destroyed huge numbers of the enemy on the ground, as well as much of Egypt's air force. Due to this pre-emptive strike, the rest of the battle was fought on nearly even terms, with Israel emerging the victor.

"Preeminent" means "most noticeable", or "most important". Has nothing to do with when something takes place... as every one of the articles you cited, show.

Thanks for proving my point. Both points, actually: the one about pre-emptive war, and the one about your credibility being destroyed by a lavish display of your ignorance of the most basic ideas in the debate.

You really should study up before pretending you know something. You'll embarrass yourself a lot less, and you may even learn something useful.

ok, you win! lol feel better?

care

Hey she can't afford to be weak on defense now can she ?

No, she cannot. And I would guess that's why she made such a wild statement. Unfortunately, it makes her look exactly that way: Weak.

All nations understand that the U.S. cannot possibly use nukes in a nuclear world, without triggering a nuclear holocaust - literally the end of the world. "Massive retaliation" was a threat we used to keep the Soviets from taking over more and more European countries... back in the 50s when their armies were much bigger than ours, but we could deliver nukes on target and they couldn't. Today, when many nations have the capability to nuke other countries' cities, a threat of "massive retaliation" is merely a suicide pact (aka "Mutually assured destruction") - threat only against NUCLEAR attack by another nation.

All nations understand that... but if Hillary were to become President, then the United States would no longer officially understand it, if she were to stick to this statement.

Clearly she "pulled a care4all": Speaking without understanding the reality of what she was talking about. And everybody knows it except her.

I have no doubt that she would be the most likely of the three remaining candidates to use nukes. She has a history of annihilating opponents regardless of the fallout.

I don't think any of our Presidents will use nuclear warheads.... Though I am not certain if Israel would not use nukes, if they were threathened...

I think Dick Morris is reaching...

I still think that Hillary mispoke and stuck her foot in her mouth on her over- reactionary comment though....it sounded very "Republican" to me and I am certain she turned off a great deal of Democratic voters.

Care

"Another poster child for of public school "education" stands forth"

This is grammatically incorrect. I'm not sure what "for of" is supposed to indicate.

"Pronunciation is important to,"

This is an incorrect use of the word "to." Perhaps you meant to use "too."

"On the rare occasionas"

"Occasions" is spelled incorrectly.

Thank you for slapping this dummy back in the line of stupids.

When was the last time Dick Morris, that strange and creepy little twerp, had anything to say of note?

Not since he himself was a Clintonite.

I don't think any of our Presidents will use nuclear warheads....
I'm quite certain they will not. Even Hillary, if she were POresident, would be surrounded by advisers, military people, etc., who have the wisdom and maturity she lacks. Two signatures are required for release of any nuclear weapns, and she would never find a second.

Though I am not certain if Israel would not use nukes, if they were threathened...
Again I agree. people have been trying to destroy Israel (not just scare or intimidate them, destroy them) literally since the day the modern country was founded. Now at least one of those Arabian-nights wannabees is developing nuclear weapons... and they are NOT developing missiles to carry them to the United States. They're only carrying them as far as... you guessed it... Israel.

Do the math. If I were Israel, I'd be drawing up active plans to destroy every individual nation that has ever threatened or attacked me... and then I'd pray like hell I'd never have to use them. Israel's position is VERY different from the US's.

I still think that Hillary mispoke and stuck her foot in her mouth on her over- reactionary comment though....
My point exactly. She showed her ignorance of foreign policy and her willful disregard of the history of nuclear weapons negotiations and deterrence, all in one ill-advised speech.

it sounded very "Republican" to me
So now anything a Democrat does is simply called "Republican", as though that were a bad thing, with no attempt to connect it to anything Republicans have ever done or any other relation to real-world events?

Sounds like you guys have been listening to your own lies for too long. You're starting to believe them yourselves.

and I am certain she turned off a great deal of Democratic voters.
Yes, there's always the hope of that. But notice, that her comments are being completely ignored by the press... as usual for most bad things done/said by Democrats.

As I pointed out before, if a Republican candidate had said the same thing, we'd never hear the end of it... nor should we. But Democrats threatening a nuclear holocaust, get a pass.

Last edited:
So now anything a Democrat does is simply called "Republican", as though that were a bad thing, with no attempt to connect it to anything Republicans have ever done or any other relation to real-world events?
hahahahahaha! yeahhhhhhhhh, I stuck that "Republican thing" in there JUST for you Little Acorn! :)

Care/ Jd

personally I said that bush should have threatened mecca. Any nuke goes of in the US from a Muslim terrorist.. we bomb mecca.
OMG

Back