Hillary's hysterical snarling: Obama "imitating Ken Starr"???

Little-Acorn

Or does anybody believe Hillary "didn't know" her spokesman was going to cite the Special Prosecutor that her husband's Attorney General had assigned to investigate his scandals?

Hillary has been listening to her own propaganda too long. It's not surprising that she believes she and Bill were the good guys while Starr was the "bad guy". How could she sleep at night otherwise? Never mind that Starr did what Bill's own justice Dept. told him to, despite the Clintons' long drawn-out efforts to block him, and merely revealed the truth about the two of them (an action the Clintons abhor).

But where does she get the idea that sensible Americans believe he's the "bad guy" too? This woman is seriously deluding herself.

And she thinks she is the one who should be running our country???

-------------------------------------

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/Clinton_aide_compares_Obama_to_Ken_Starr.html

Clinton aide compares Obama to Ken Starr

March 06, 2008

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson, taking the campaign a bit meta on a conference call today, attacked Obama for attacking Clinton, and compared him to a notorious Clinton foe.

"When Senator Obama was confronted with questions over whether he was ready to be Commander-in-Chief and steward of the economy, he chose not to address those questions, but to attack Senator Clinton," Wolfson said. "I for one do not believe that imitating Ken Starr is the way to win a Democratic primary election for president."

Wolfson was attacking Obama's explicit strategy, in the wake of his March 4 losses, to attack elements of Clinton's record on the grounds of secrecy, and to revisit the questions raised by Clinton foes in the 1990s and earlier. Obama has demanded Clinton's tax returns, cited delays in releasing her White House schedules, and even made reference to trades in cattle futures in the late 1970s that became a subject of allegations during the White House years.

Wolfson also responded to the substance of Obama's complaint, that Clinton hasn't released her recent tax returns, and to the reminder today that Clinton (via Wolfson) attacked her 2000 Senate rival, Rick Lazio, for failing to release his tax returns.

Relax...let the morons tear each other apart...thats all they have going for their campaign anyhoo!:D

Gladly.

But Hillary's mention of Ken Starr is bizarre. Does she really want to remind people of how much her husband gave him to investigate, how hard Bill tried to stonewall him, and how much the man found out anyway?

It's like Teddy Kennedy mentioning drunken car crashes and drowning women. Except no investigation of that ever took place, so Teddy got off scot-free. But it's certainly not something you'd expect him to bring up.

Clinton aide compares Obama to Ken Starr

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson, taking the campaign a bit meta on a conference call today, attacked Obama for attacking Clinton, and compared him to a notorious Clinton foe.

"When Senator Obama was confronted with questions over whether he was ready to be Commander-in-Chief and steward of the economy, he chose not to address those questions, but to attack Senator Clinton," Wolfson said. "I for one do not believe that imitating Ken Starr is the way to win a Democratic primary election for president."

Wolfson was attacking Obama's explicit strategy, in the wake of his March 4 losses, to attack elements of Clinton's record on the grounds of secrecy, and to revisit the questions raised by Clinton foes in the 1990s and earlier. Obama has demanded Clinton's tax returns, cited delays in releasing her White House schedules, and even made reference to trades in cattle futures in the late 1970s that became a subject of allegations during the White House years.

Wolfson also responded to the substance of Obama's complaint, that Clinton hasn't released her recent tax returns, and to the reminder today that Clinton (via Wolfson) attacked her 2000 Senate rival, Rick Lazio, for failing to release his tax returns.

"Over 20 years of the Clintons' tax returns are part of the public record," he said, referring to their White House years and also to her more recent Senate disclosure forms. "Everyone knows we have made clear that all of the post-White House tax returns will be put out by the campaign on or about tax time – April 15," he said, though he didn't explain why they wouldn't be out sooner."

"As somebody who led the effort to ensure that Mr. Lazio provided his tax returns, certainly at that point he had not provided 20 years of his tax returns to the people of New York," he said.

He also promised the tax returns would be out before the April 22 Pennsylvania primary.

UPDATE: Obama spokesman Bill Burton responds:

It is absurd that after weeks of badgering the media to ‘vet’ Senator Obama, the Clinton campaign believes that they should be held to an entirely different standard. We don’t believe that expecting candidates for the presidency to disclose their tax returns somehow constitutes Ken Starr-tactics, but the kind of transparency and accountability that Americans are looking for and that’s been missing in Washington for far too long. And if Senator Clinton doesn’t think that the Republicans will ask these very same questions, then she’s not as ready to go toe-to-toe with John McCain as she claims.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/Clinton_aide_compares_Obama_to_Ken_Starr.html

Wolfson is shameless. He's whining about Ken Starr for a simple request on tax returns, but brings up "Rezco" every other sentence...

i think candidates should be automatically disqualified by the voter if they dont have transparency in there finances.

Yeah, and considering that she loaned her campaign $5 million, we should probably be able to see where that money came from. Think about it.

Yeah, and considering that she loaned her campaign $5 million, we should probably be able to see where that money came from. Think about it.

Did Romney ever release his financials? I know he was spending his own money. Did he have to show that in any way?

i think candidates should be automatically disqualified by the voter if they dont have transparency in there finances.

When do we disqualify McCain? He hasn't released his tax returns yet, nor has he pledged to do so at some point in the future as Clinton has.

Did Romney ever release his financials? I know he was spending his own money. Did he have to show that in any way?

No. I don't believe he released them at any time running for governor either (yet, I'm confident Chap managed to vote for him anyway).

No. I don't believe he released them at any time running for governor either (yet, I'm confident Chap managed to vote for him anyway).

I think the amount of money he earned at Bain is pretty well publicized as they are a public company.

Using "Ken Starr" as a perjorative is a strage thing to do, at best. It's an act similar to what we often see from criminals caught red-handed: lashing out at the cops who caught them and procured the evidence that ultimately put them in jail... as though it was the cop who had done something wrong instead of the criminal.

Is that really where Hillary wants her campaign to go?

Back