Hillary's Irish claim a 'wee bit silly'

Onceler

Sorry if this is a double-post. I had heard Hillary was using the Irish peace talks as an example of her vast, 35 years of national security experience.

"Lord Trimble of Lisnagarvey, the Nobel Peace Prize winner and former First Minister of the province said Ms. Clinton's claims were a "wee bit silly" which is just a sophisticated way of saying she is full of Blarney.

"I don’t know there was much she did apart from accompanying Bill [Clinton] going around," he said. Her recent statements about being deeply involved were merely "the sort of thing people put in their canvassing leaflets" during elections. "She visited when things were happening, saw what was going on, she can certainly say it was part of her experience. I don’t want to rain on the thing for her but being a cheerleader for something is slightly different from being a principal player."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/xxfactor/archive/2008/03/08/hillary-clinton-a-wee-bit-silly.aspx

Shhh... She was instrumental in working with the people who did something about creating peace. It's not like she said she invented peace or anything!

Back