Historians Back Sarah Palin's Account: Youbetcha She Was Right!

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us...alins_historical_account/srvc=home&position=0

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Yeah... I guess we should call her stupid real quickly because, although she was right about what she said, she only got the information from local historians while learning about the history of the revolution with her family... So, it can't be that she actually can absorb information, it must just be "luck".

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us...alins_historical_account/srvc=home&position=0

Yeah... I guess we should call her stupid real quickly because, although she was right about what she said, she only got the information from local historians while learning about the history of the revolution with her family... So, it can't be that she actually can absorb information, it must just be "luck".

Well, that's what that historian chap you quoted reckoned.

“I would call her lucky in her comments,” McConville said.

Personally, i think she's bloody mental but not because of this. :D

But Cornell law professor William Jacobson, who asserted last week that Palin was correct, linking to Revere quotes on his conservative blog Legalinsurrection.com, said Palin’s critics are the ones in need of a history lesson. “It seems to be a historical fact that this happened,” he said. “A lot of the criticism is unfair and made by people who are themselves ignorant of history.”

interesting.....

love the fill in the blanks everytime this 3rd rate had to go to 4 community colleges to find one she could pass at fool makes a gab.

Good looking out wingnuts

My guess is, she and her family went to a museum in the area. While there they learned that there was more to the story. She was excited to share the new information, and went out and did just that. Now people are learning more about their own history, and that their dismissal of anything she has to say immediately may be once again in error.

It is foolish to pretend that the Brits liked the populace armed, and the regulars were definitely set to take the arms of the citizens...

Now, I wonder if she'll receive apologies from people who were mocking her "stupidity".

My guess is, she and her family went to a museum in the area. While there they learned that there was more to the story. She was excited to share the new information, and went out and did just that. Now people are learning more about their own history, and that their dismissal of anything she has to say immediately may be once again in error.

It is foolish to pretend that the Brits liked the populace armed, and the regulars were definitely set to take the arms of the citizens...

Now, I wonder if she'll receive apologies from people who were mocking her "stupidity".

Wut? You are kidding right? Back that statement up please.

this bitch got a D in college economics and these clowns are trying to cover for her room temperature IQ

No she won't.

And if she had recited the typical "he warned that the British were coming" they'd have skewered her for not coming up with something not as well known.

No she won't. And if she had recited the typical "he warned that the British were coming" they'd have skewered her for not coming up with something not as well known.

Another Conservatard Kreskin who knows what would've happened....if Failin' Palin had gotten her story straight....

retard_ugh_clap[1].gif

:lol: Classic Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account

Which expert said that Paul Revere "... warned uh, the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh by ringing those bells, and um, makin’ sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed”?

Because that's "Sarah Palin’s historical account".

In his own words....(Mr. Revere)
When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back, and orderd me to dismount; one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from, and what my Name Was? I told him. He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up. He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us, when all five of them came down upon a full gallop; one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name, and told me he was going to ask me some questions, and if I did not give him true answers, he would blow my brains out.

Thats the warning.....

According to David Hackett Fischer's 1995 book "Paul Revere's Ride," Revere rode to the house of Captain Isaac Hall, commander of Medford's minutemen, and it was Hall who triggered the town's alarm system. Fischer added (on page 140): "A townsman remembered that 'repeated gunshots, the beating of drums and the ringing of bells filled the air.' "

Details details......did Revere take part in this ? Maybe you can prove HE DIDN'T.....have at it

In his own words....(Mr. Revere)
When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back, and orderd me to dismount; one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from, and what my Name Was? I told him. He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up. He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us, when all five of them came down upon a full gallop; one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name, and told me he was going to ask me some questions, and if I did not give him true answers, he would blow my brains out.

Thats the warning.....

According to David Hackett Fischer's 1995 book "Paul Revere's Ride," Revere rode to the house of Captain Isaac Hall, commander of Medford's minutemen, and it was Hall who triggered the town's alarm system. Fischer added (on page 140): "A townsman remembered that 'repeated gunshots, the beating of drums and the ringing of bells filled the air.' "

Details details......did Revere take part in this ? Maybe you can prove HE DIDN'T.....have at it

dogpile.gif

When Blabo demands that someone prove a negative, you know he's desperate.

love the fill in the blanks everytime this 3rd rate had to go to 4 community colleges to find one she could pass at fool makes a gab.

Good looking out wingnuts
Ironic, that YOU can't even compose a simple, coherent sentence.....

Incidentally..."every time" is two words, not one.....
smilies-744.png

Now, you go back on the ignore list....

dogpile.gif

When Blabo demands that someone prove a negative, you know he's desperate.

We already KNOW he was there...I don't have to prove anything....its your job to prove me wrong.....asshole!

The experts agree....http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/2011_0606you_betcha_she_was_right_experts_back_palins_historical_account/srvc=home&position=0

One historian once stressed that Revere stated that the "Regulars are coming" to distinguish British regular soldiers from the rest of the population. Interesting stuff.

Back