“historic drop in crime”

archives

Verified User
“Reported incidents of violent crime dropped 15% between January and March of this year compared to the same period last year, according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting Data.

“Murders dropped by more than 26% in the same time period, the data shows”

“Incidents of rape dropped by 25% from last year, robbery dropped by more than 17%, and aggravated assault fell by more than 12%. Property crime similarly dropped by more than 15%”

“The data makes clear that last year's historic decline in violent crime is continuing”

But, but, but Democrats defunded the police! Immigrants are murdering and raping everywhere! America is plagued by “shithole” cities!

I’d say the facts kill Fox’s regular rotation of a crime wave under Biden but when was the last time Fox or the right cares about facts, especially when there is no melodrama in the reality

“Reported incidents of violent crime dropped 15% between January and March of this year compared to the same period last year, according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting Data.

“Incidents of rape dropped by 25% from last year, robbery dropped by more than 17%, and aggravated assault fell by more than 12%. Property crime similarly dropped by more than 15%”

“The data makes clear that last year's historic decline in violent crime is continuing”

But, but, but Democrats defunded the police! Immigrants are murdering and raping everywhere! America is plagued by “shithole” cities!

I’d say the facts kill Fox’s regular rotation of a crime wave under Biden but when was the last time Fox or the right cares about facts, especially when there is no melodrama in the reality
Not that a single JPP's GOP shills will accept those numbers as fact.

They will simply bury their heads in the sand and spout the same previously debunked talking points.

I suppose crime can be a little like housing in a way, there's national data but it's also localized.

On a more granular level I can speak to what's happening in San Francisco. Murders were never an issue but crime was (is). Huge amounts of theft etc. As a result of people not feeling safe we recalled our progressive D.A. two years ago. More moderate factions in the City have pushed for more police and tougher policies on crime. Progressives are calling foul saying these Democrats are using right-wing tactics to fight crime.

It's an interesting dynamic. Are the results more important (less crime) or the ideology that simply being harsher on criminals only fills up our jails and doesn't address the underlying problems?

Reactions: TOP
"The FBI is lying" in 3... 2... 1...
Well, somebody is because the answer varies with who you ask

I'd say the reasonable answer is violent crime is down, property crime is up.

Reactions: TOP

Must be all the guns we have.

Well, somebody is because the answer varies with who you ask

I'd say the reasonable answer is violent crime is down, property crime is up.
It looks like you're posting data from a different time period. The data in the OP is comparing violent crime from the first quarter in 2023 to the first quarter in 2024.

To have a fuller comparison it might help to know how these numbers compare to previous years. Even with the drop are they still elevated from where they were (3,5,7 pick a number) years ago? Or are they below where they were (3,5,7 pick a number) years ago?

It looks like you're posting data from a different time period. The data in the OP is comparing violent crime from the first quarter in 2023 to the first quarter in 2024.

To have a fuller comparison it might help to know how these numbers compare to previous years. Even with the drop are they still elevated from where they were (3,5,7 pick a number) years ago? Or are they below where they were (3,5,7 pick a number) years ago?
Doesn't change one iota what I stated. The FBI is not the be-all, end-all on crime statistics. They're one source of many.

Back