History of the Yellow Dog Democrat.

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
In other words: Party over all else, including substance. :readit:

A Yellow Dog Democrat is a staunch loyalist to the Democratic Party. These days, the term is widely recognized as an expression of regard and, as such, it is only used in a manner of praise. Yellow Dog Democrats embody loyalty. This is a trait that should never ever be taken for granted by any Party nor by any individual for that matter. The Democrat Party recognizes this, thus correctly acknowledges the Yellow Dog Democrat as some of their "Best Friends".

The term, Yellow Dog Democrat, blossomed during all of the Hoopla which surrounded the 1928 elections, when Al Smith ran for President against Herbert Hoover. During that campaign, Senator Tom Heflin, of Alabama, declined to back his fellow Democrat, Al Smith the Governor of NY. In fact it was much worse than that, Senator Heflin decided to back Herbert Hoover, who would then go on to become President- a Republican President no less. Heflin's controversial actions were considered heresy, especially in the South. As you can imagine, quite a large number of Alabamans vehemently disagreed with Senator Heflin's decision to cross his "Party Lines". Hence, the popular saying, "I'd vote for a yellow dog if he ran on the Democratic ticket" was born! It was adopted as the proud slogan of the staunch party loyalist.

At the time, this phrase certainly did not reflect well on Senator Heflin.
http://www.yellowdogdemocrat.com/history.htm

*shrug*

But what they heck, they made great KKK members.
Southern Demoncrats used to be VERY conservative. It is rumored they even had progressive KY governor Goebel Assasinated. He was a Demoncrat btw.

Likely the same type of group that recently voted for Bush and McCain.

Last edited:
But what they heck, they made great KKK members.
Southern Demoncrats used to be VERY conservative. It is rumored they even had progressive KY governor Goebel Assasinated. He was a Demoncrat btw.

Likely the same type of group that recently voted for Bush and McCain.
Actually, the KKK has historically been the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.
*shrug*

In KY they did.

do you think they would vote for a tree hugger or a fake war hero or esp a black man or a woman. Most of them voted McCain as well.
Older yellow dog dems also love BillO.

You are confusing terms. Look up "Blue Dog Democrat", or re-read the OP. Yellow Dogs would vote for a Democrat even if he was convicted of child molestation. *shrug*

I guess that is what I get for being non rascist.

You mean blue skunk Democrats?
Labels , your labels, my labers, others labels.

In KY they did.

do you think they would vote for a tree hugger or a fake war hero or esp a black man or a woman. Most of them voted McCain as well.
Older yellow dog dems also love BillO.
By definition they'd vote for a yellow dog as long as it ran on the D ticket, let alone a person. Clearly you have no idea what a Yellow Dog Democrat is even when the thread starts with a definition and explanation.

I guess I don't but then I don't really care to learn what others label groups.

All I know is that there are dems that are not dems. They grew up in a dem area so they claim to be dems but are not dems.

Btw I am registerd as a Republican again.

I guess I don't but then I don't really care to learn what others label groups.

All I know is that there are dems that are not dems. They grew up in a dem area so they claim to be dems but are not dems.

Btw I am registerd as a Republican again.
The Yellowdogs labeled themselves.

Read the history provided, geez. Yellowdogs are people who vote Democratic Party period and would never, ever pull the lever for any person except they run on the D ticket. The beginnings are above in the short history provided.

And I don't give a hoot how you are registered.

damo...you must admit, that it is ridiculous to suggest, in this day and age, that members of the KKK would consider themselves yellowdogs. Does anyone really believe that rabid racists would vote for Barack Obama for president just because he had a D after his name?

damo...you must admit, that it is ridiculous to suggest, in this day and age, that members of the KKK would consider themselves yellowdogs. Does anyone really believe that rabid racists would vote for Barack Obama for president just because he had a D after his name?
I've never suggested that members of the KKK were Yellowdogs, but I don't find it all that ridiculous. You'd have to meet this guy/girl I've known since kindergarten. In the middle of a sex change, with a half-mexican step-daughter, he/she still spouts sp*cs and N-words while voting D because his family "always has" and it will never change.... While you may find it "ridiculous", I don't as much. And yes, he/she voted for Obama. Even though they didn't 'like voting for a N-word', he/she said it was "better than" the alternative.

The Yellow Dogs, by their own definition, would vote for a yellow dog if it was a Democrat, so why not a black man? *shrug*

Would a Yellow Dog KKK member vote for a black man? Of course. Look at The Honorable Robert C. Byrd, Democrat West Virginia, Conscience of the Senate for an example.

Also, if you really hate someone, give them exactly what they ask for. *shrug*

Libertarians understand sound fiscal policy and limited government but can't stomach having to tell others when they are wrong on social policies.

Libertarians understand sound fiscal policy and limited government but can't stomach having to tell others when they are wrong on social policies.

What varieties are there of Libertarians?

Blue Bird Libertarian. = these are libertarian but vote mainly straight party Republican?

Yellow Cat libertarian?

Moon glow Libertarian? These want to do away with all govt except military.

I know there have to be different groups of libertarians as well.

Back