Holy Crap: Dem Wins in deepest, reddest part of Jesus Land

Cypress

AP calls it for the Dem candidate in Mississippi's incredibly red, republican 1st congressional district tonight.

Mississippi voters are big time ticket splitters. I could tell them that, under the house rules, they are basically voting for Pelosi.

But I won't.

So let's count those districts in Mississippi:

1st district: Democrat
2nd district: Democrat
3rd district: Republican (incumbent stepping down in 2008, wide open race)
4th district: Democrat

It's looking pretty good for the Republicans.

Mississippi voters are big time ticket splitters. I could tell them that, under the house rules, they are basically voting for Pelosi.

But I won't.

WM, my take is that, except for battleborne, Indisputable, WRL, and superfreak, few people are buying the bullshit distractions about dreaded san francisco liberals, and "racist" chicago ministers anymore. Well, maybe bill o'reilly is still buying it. I think that bullshit is played, and people aren't going to be frightened into voting for conservative theocon republicans. At least, this year. I'll bet you the mississippi GOP tried to smear this Dem guy with san franciso pelosi liberal and minister wright crap-ola, and evidently people weren't buying that sh*t.

WM, my take is that, except for battleborne, Indisputable, WRL, and superfreak, few people are buying the bullshit distractions about dreaded san francisco liberals, and "racist" chicago ministers anymore. Well, maybe bill o'reilly is still buying it. I think that bullshit is played, and people aren't going to be frightened into voting for conservative theocon republicans. At least, this year. I'll bet you the mississippi GOP tried to smear this Dem guy with san franciso pelosi liberal and minister wright crap-ola, and evidently people weren't buying that sh*t.

Yes they did.

But that doesn't really matter. In the house, the individual isn't what matters, its who the caucus with that does. On the flipside, one measly seat isn't likely to flip control over the entire house, and Travis will bring the Democratic caucus a tad bit inkling more to the right. But by that same logic, voting doesn't matter.

Holy crap indeed.

The republicans are going to get their asses handed to them big time in November and the democratic majority in the House and Senate is going to be substantial.

Democrats now control the House 236-199, up from 203 seats just two years ago.

November is going to be fun.

Wow, I was trying to find out about this last night but all anyone had was W Virginia.

LOL. This is great!

It wasn't even close. I think this Dem guy won by 8 points, in the heart of bush-loving Jesus land.

Wow, that's three special election in a row, in strongly republican districts that had been held by the GOP for decades. Yikes, fright night for republicans!

Apparently Obama isn't as toxic as the Republicans think he is. The Republican were working the Obama-Childers connection pretty hard and it didn't work. In Mississippi. If it didn't work there I can't see it working very well anywhere.

Back