Holy S**t. FoxNews. Ifill.

Onceler

This is the HEADLINE STORY on their site right now. It's no longer speculation that the book is "about Obama," or that Ifill "is biased." Full campaign mode for Fox:

Lemonade From Lemons: Palin Could Turn Moderator Bias to Advantage

Political analysts say it may not be such a bad thing for Sarah Palin that the moderator in Thursday's vice presidential debate is biased toward the Democratic camp.

The revelation that moderator Gwen Ifill is penning a book about Barack Obama could work to Sarah Palin's benefit in her debate with Joe Biden, political observers said Thursday.

Palin would seemingly be at a disadvantage against Obama's running mate on Thursday night as a result of Ifill's desire to sell her upcoming book. But some say voters will now be looking closely not only at the candidates' responses to Ifill's questions, but also at the questions themselves.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/02/lemonade-lemons-palin-turn-moderator-bias-advantage/

Fox is the worst. I don't care how biased people think NBC or CNN is. Fox tops 'em by a mile...

"Palin would seemingly be at a disadvantage against Obama's running mate on Thursday night as a result of Ifill's desire to sell her upcoming book"

Can't she sue for slander on something like that?

It's like saying "Dems stand to gain if we lose the war, so Dems root for the troops to die."

"Palin would seemingly be at a disadvantage against Obama's running mate on Thursday night as a result of Ifill's desire to sell her upcoming book"

Can't she sue for slander on something like that?

It's like saying "Dems stand to gain if we lose the war, so Dems root for the troops to die."
Nah, not with words like "seemingly". But she could write up a chapter just for them.

"Palin would seemingly be at a disadvantage against Obama's running mate on Thursday night as a result of Ifill's desire to sell her upcoming book."

They don't say "seeming desire." The "as a result of" separates the ideas. They are flat out stating that she'll be biased because of a desire to sell her book.

Never mind the automatic assumption "the moderator in Thursday's vice presidential debate is biased toward the Democratic camp" in the 1st paragraph.

Fox news is retarded. A pure party propaganda arm. But Ifill said she didn’t inform the debate committee before she was picked that she had this book coming out. Yes, FOX is lying when they have some of their anchors go on and claim it was not public information before now. It was. But was it widely or well-known? No. Yes we all know you can find anything with a google these days, but I think it was somewhat out of line for Ifill not to tell the committee. I am not certain she would have been picked had they known. She is now in the position of having to go easier on Palin, let’s be honest here, or her career is going to get blown up by the right wing machine. She knows they can do it.

Worse, that’s the position she’s put this country in.

Personally, after considering this for a day, and reading about it, including her statements about not having informed the committee, I’m pissed.

Back