Home Builder Stocks up 7.5%

Or maybe in this case buy high sell low, time will tell. they will have to go up eventually, but how long ? This is probably thinking that spring is comig and traditional home building
season and with the rate drop that more will build homes ?

I guess they are just trying to find someplace to put their money ?

I'd wait alot more write downs coming but I'm in the Mortgage markets I study the #'s daily. Way too much inventory and land prices are way too high mix it with no one taking anything besides A paper and you know there is a ways to go. Also the thing most investors don't understand is all the fraud commited and those defaults on WAY overvalued homes are coming in 08.

I think the banks will be a better buy, not that I have any cash to put in. The homebuilders have shitloads of inventory and will for a while. The banks can lend in better places and the FED is giving them money.

Financials is probably a good long term bet. Although I think they will go lower, in the long run they're good deals.

CA had a four hundred and some percent rise in foreclosures in the last quarter of 2007.
That's just the second run. The McMansions have just started going as well. Hold on to your hats, folks. This ride has barely started and its designed to produce nausea.

Back