Horror Movie Hilarity

Taichiliberal

Shaken, not stirred!
Watching "Lust for a Vampire" from the Hammer Studios 1971. Classic!

But did one ever notice that Dracula and his off shoots NEVER go after women who are NOT Playboy Bunny material? Or that the villagers who KNOW what's going down in that castle never just MOVE without leaving a forwarding address? Or that despite generations of wariness, you'll always have some idiot young villagers prancing about outside at night? You'd think that with all the shennanigans going on, the local gov't would have just bombarded the "abandoned" castle to rubble, or that the local Catholic diocese would send an army of priests to do in the vampires.

Oh well, if they didn't do these things, we wouldn't have these films to enjoy.

But did one ever notice that Dracula and his off shoots NEVER go after women who are NOT Playboy Bunny material? Or that the villagers who KNOW what's going down in that castle never just MOVE without leaving a forwarding address? Or that despite generations of wariness, you'll always have some idiot young villagers prancing about outside at night? You'd think that with all the shennanigans going on, the local gov't would have just bombarded the "abandoned" castle to rubble, or that the local Catholic diocese would send an army of priests to do in the vampires.

Hollywood producers love pretty girls with nice tits....but then so do most vampire movie goers. :D

Agreed on the films. Vampire movies were always a favorite of mine. My top favorite is Near Dark with From Dusk to Dawn a close second.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093605/ Near Dark

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116367/ From Dusk to Dawn

51vwV1INl6L._SY445_.jpg

Supposedly, there's a lot of allegory for sexual desire in Dracula, which is why he always stalks the hotties.

Well...uh...yeah?

Hollywood producers love pretty girls with nice tits....but then so do most vampire movie goers. :D

Agreed on the films. Vampire movies were always a favorite of mine. My top favorite is Near Dark with From Dusk to Dawn a close second.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093605/ Near Dark

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116367/ From Dusk to Dawn

Oh yeah! Near Dark was a well made "off the beaten path" vampire flick. I think it has reached "cult status" over the years. From Dusk to Dawn was just outrageous, WAY over the top fun! I especially liked the ending pan out shot.

Oh yeah! Near Dark was a well made "off the beaten path" vampire flick. I think it has reached "cult status" over the years. From Dusk to Dawn was just outrageous, WAY over the top fun! I especially liked the ending pan out shot.

Not vampire flicks, but two of my favorite horror movie musicals are The Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Litte Shop of Horrors. I still have a lot of the songs on my playlist.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073629/ 1975

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091419/ 1986

No doubt the Pedo Don fans will think Rocky Horror is "woke". LOL

OTOH, seeing Susan Sarandon sing in bra and panties is a rare treat. :thup:
0216a01cf58e996277a6b4415d8ac0e7.jpg

Not vampire flicks, but two of my favorite horror movie musicals are The Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Litte Shop of Horrors. I still have a lot of the songs on my playlist.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073629/ 1975

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091419/ 1986

No doubt the Pedo Don fans will think Rocky Horror is "woke". LOL

OTOH, seeing Susan Sarandon sing in bra and panties is a rare treat. :thup:
0216a01cf58e996277a6b4415d8ac0e7.jpg

Nah, we reach the fork in the road on these, Dutch.

I never saw it and have no intention to ever watch it....DESPITE the legendary cleavage of Susan Sarandon. I'm just not a fan of pseudo gay themed films....in fact, I'm not a big fan of musicals in general. But that's just me.

Little Shop of Horrors didn't do for me....found both versions (original b/w and the color remake) kind of boring. Again, that's just me. Or as one of my ex-girlfriends said, "Oh, you're no fun anymore!" :)

I never saw it and have no intention to ever watch it....DESPITE the legendary cleavage of Susan Sarandon. I'm just not a fan of pseudo gay themed films....in fact, I'm not a big fan of musicals in general. But that's just me.

Little Shop of Horrors didn't do for me....found both versions (original b/w and the color remake) kind of boring. Again, that's just me. Or as one of my ex-girlfriends said, "Oh, you're no fun anymore!" :)

Not a fan of horror musicals? Then what are your favorites? Just bloodsucker movies?

I saw Rocky Horror when I was 23ish. A friend I met in the service was from NYC. Typical Italian toughguy but fun. He and his wife found out I'd never seen it and we went out for pizza, beer (she was driving) and the movie. Good time.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

Not a fan of horror musicals? Then what are your favorites? Just bloodsucker movies?

I saw Rocky Horror when I was 23ish. A friend I met in the service was from NYC. Typical Italian toughguy but fun. He and his wife found out I'd never seen it and we went out for pizza, beer (she was driving) and the movie. Good time.

Hell, my dentist has photos of he and the wife in full costume attending RHPS back in the day. I don't judge.

Growing up, I was a sci-fi & horror movie fanatic....got so scared sometimes I couldn't sleep and my parents banned me from watching some movies for a good while. Classic was "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", original with Kevin McCarthy. Scared the shit out of me.

Good spy movies, westerns, comedies, the occasional GOOD drama and a lot of documentaries.

Hell, my dentist has photos of he and the wife in full costume attending RHPS back in the day. I don't judge.

Growing up, I was a sci-fi & horror movie fanatic....got so scared sometimes I couldn't sleep and my parents banned me from watching some movies for a good while. Classic was "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", original with Kevin McCarthy. Scared the shit out of me.

Good spy movies, westerns, comedies, the occasional GOOD drama and a lot of documentaries.

The audience participation thing was interesting, once, but the music is great.

They are B movies and they are expected to be tacky, that's why people watch them.

I love those types of shows simply because they are so bad.

I saw one the other night where a girl was being chased by the movie's killer and she hops in a car and drives miles away. On the way her tires blew out yet in the next scene they are magically filled up.

When she arrives at her destination the killer is somehow magically waiting for her even though he had no vehicle.

Hilarious.

Best vampire movie of all-time is 30 Days of Night. Of course, it's actually a good movie, so, it doesn't really fit the criteria of this thread.

Anything with Barbara Steele!

images

I just watched that yesterday via Netflix DVD. After this conversation started, I looked up best horror and vampire flicks. Black Sunday was one of them. It was the 87M version, uncut. The original US release had a few minutes of gore cut out.

Back