House Democrats help Johnson avoid defeat on foreign aid bills

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
The House on Friday cleared a key procedural hurdle in passing foreign aid to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan, despite dozens of Republican defections, with Democrats helping Speaker Mike Johnson avoid a stinging defeat.

Soon after, a third Republican said he would join a threatened move to oust him.

The chamber voted 316-94 to advance the bills, setting up Saturday votes on final passage of $95 billion in foreign assistance that has been held up in a political fight in Washington for several months.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-votes-advance-foreign-aid-bills-despite-gop/story?id=109423163

316 to 94... That is not even close. Republicans really should have allowed a vote 6 months ago.

316 to 94... That is not even close. Republicans really should have allowed a vote 6 months ago.
Don't blame it on republicans. This was all on Johnson.
Democrats:
In Favor: 165 Democrats voted in favor of advancing the aid package.
Opposed: 39 Democrats voted against it.
Republicans:
In Favor: 151 Republicans supported advancing the aid package.
Opposed: 55 Republicans voted against it.

So dims in allegiance with Gaetz and MTG are AOC and Ilhan Omar. The political horseshoe effect.

Don't blame it on republicans. This was all on Johnson.

It is trump demanding Johnson delay, and Johnson being so weak because of the Republicans that he cannot say no.

Basically, there are no Democrats involved with the delay. There are Democrats who voted against it, but they did not delay it.

NEW: Tucker Carlson explains how the FBI and CIA conducted a coup to take out President Richard Nixon with help from journalist Bob Woodward.

“Richard Nixon was taken out by the FBI and CIA, and with the help of Bob Woodward.”

“[Woodward] was that guy. And who is his main source for Watergate? Oh, the number two guy at the FBI. Oh, so you have the naval intelligence officer working with the FBI official to destroy the president. Okay. So that's a deep state coup.”

“Richard Nixon was elected by more votes than any president in American history in the 1972 election.”

“The most popular president in his reelection campaign, and two years later, he's gone, undone by a naval intel officer, the number two guy at the FBI and a bunch of CIA employees.”

“You tell me what that is. Those are the facts. Those are not disputed facts.”

------------------------------------

and they killed JFK...one does not get to be Speaker without at least the consent of the Swmp/Blob

Tucker Carlson Drops F-Bomb In Fiery Take on The Joe Rogan Experience

“If I get another f*cking lecture from Joe Scarborough (MSNBC) about ‘defending democracy’... then I’m going to go crazy.”

Tucker says the system is “not even a close approximation of a democracy” because “When they stand up and pass a $60 billion funding bill for Ukraine, when 70% of the population doesn’t want it, when they’re ignoring the actual problems in our country, like the economy and the border, and they’re hauling in Congress over the weekend to pass something that people don’t want while ignoring the things that people do want. And if they do the same kind of thing again and again for, like, 50 years, and they call it a democracy, that will drive you insane because it’s just too dishonest.”

Tucker Carlson urged them to stop lying about our “democracy” because this is how the government really works:

“Why not just say, ‘We don’t give a shit what you want. We are getting something out of this Ukraine funding, whether it’s the thrill of being masters of the universe or whether it’s money from the defense contractors, whatever we’re getting out of it is more important to us than your opinion. This is not self-government. You don’t run this country. We do. Shut up and obey.’ If they at least said that, you’d be like, ‘Okay, I get it. Those are the terms.’ But if I get another f*cking lecture from Joe Scarborough about ‘defending democracy’ when this is not a democracy, it’s not even a close approximation of a democracy, then I’m going to go crazy because I just can’t deal with the lying.”

It is trump demanding Johnson delay, and Johnson being so weak because of the Republicans that he cannot say no.
Soooo… Johnson delayed it

Basically, there are no Democrats involved with the delay. There are Democrats who voted against it, but they did not delay it.
FFS, they don’t have the Speaker. Johnson and Johnson alone delayed it. Thankfully he finally did the right thing,

The most enraging aspect of Mike Johnson’s border betrayal is his refusal to even acknowledge his myriad promises to secure the border first before funneling money overseas. He broke his word and now wants to pretend he never promised anything.

Matt Gaetz didn’t make him make that promise and then break it. Marjorie Taylor Greene didn’t force Mike Johnson to promise to secure the border first. Thomas Massie didn’t make Mike Johnson promise to secure the border before funding Ukraine. Chip Roy and Eli Crane and Bob Good and the House Freedom Caucus didn’t force Mike Johnson to promise to secure the border first before sending money overseas.

Mike Johnson made that promise. He made it deliberately and he made it repeatedly. And now, instead of owning it and explaining why he changed his mind and broke his promise, he’s lashing out at anyone who dares point out that he broke his word.

He’s not a leader. He’s a disgrace, and he should resign. This country deserves better than a dishonest border betrayer who cares more about plaudits from CNN and Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer than he cares about the well-being of his own citizens.

-----------------------------------------------------

He is a swamp rat.

Constitutional America is over people, I warned you a long time ago.

Soooo… Johnson delayed it

FFS, they don’t have the Speaker. Johnson and Johnson alone delayed it. Thankfully he finally did the right thing,

Sort of unfortunate that Republicans elected what we can all agree is a terrible leader.

Back