House pases bailout bill and DOW drops ?

Can someone please explain this ?

Investor confidence. We had this discussion earlier when Top tried to pass this off as proof of failure, even before a single dime of that money has been spent. It only exist on paper as of now and people are already declaring it a failure. Amazing.

When the house passes a trillion dollar bailout package, you know things are really bad. That's a third of the nation's annual budget. You would have to disband the military for two years to make that back.

Anyway, it doesn't bode well for the markets, and when investors get worried they pull their money out.

Investor confidence. We had this discussion earlier when Top tried to pass this off as proof of failure, even before a single dime of that money has been spent. It only exist on paper as of now and people are already declaring it a failure. Amazing.

When the house passes a trillion dollar bailout package, you know things are really bad. That's a third of the nation's annual budget. You would have to disband the military for two years to make that back.

Anyway, it doesn't bode well for the markets, and when investors get worried they pull their money out.

Hey dumbass, why don't you explain what they're worried about?

The sub prime mess is somewhat of a diversion from other deeper more long term problems facing America.

Hey dumbass, why don't you explain what they're worried about?

Uh, the fact that the market is in such bad shape that they had to spend 300 billion more than they originally thought? And the fact that it confirms the shape of the market - poor. They're afraid of losing all their money, dipshit.

I think we've just committed 3 generations to paying off a debt, for something that the 'solution' is not going to solve. About a week ago, when the House didn't pass the 'bailout', the Dow tanked, over $1 trillion, more than this bailout, in 1 day.

The gov't can't fix this, though now we're committed to the spending.

I think we've just committed 3 generations to paying off a debt, for something that the 'solution' is not going to solve. About a week ago, when the House didn't pass the 'bailout', the Dow tanked, over $1 trillion, more than this bailout, in 1 day.

The gov't can't fix this, though now we're committed to the spending.

We're fucked if we do and fucked if we don't. If we don't, we'll see a depression and a lot of very hard years. If we do, we're in the hole $1 trillion and stave off a market crash.

We are more screwed because we have now given this money away.

the recession and probable depression is here anyway dude.

The recession is unavoidable. A depression - no way.

yeah well one year ago all was pretty rosy according to the same ones that panicked into spending around a trillion today.

I sold out of the market for a tidy profit and planned for what is coming.

Good job.

So why the hell are you asking why people are selling off and the market is dropping if you yourself were part of the mob that was panicked into selling off? You should know better than anyone.

Good job.

So why the hell are you asking why people are selling off and the market is dropping if you yourself were part of the mob that was panicked into selling off? You should know better than anyone.

I was not panicked into it I forsaw what was coming, while others were blinded to the future.

Listen to the uscitizen, he has been uncannily correct so far.

Not science at all, I get my tips from those dudes that walk upside down inside the earth.

regardless of where they come from I have still called the shots far better than our experts in finiance or the govt.

Everyone on tonights "The McLaughlin Report were against the bailout. Especially, with the additional added pork. I wish the 3 page version would have passed as this one is far worse. What's another $107 billion? :rolleyes:

Back