How about that Battle at Gettysburg

archives

Verified User
”Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was, the Battle of Gettysburg. What an unbelievable — it was so much, and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow, I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch,"

“Robert E. Lee, who’s no longer in favor — did you ever notice it? He’s no longer in favor. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.’ They were fighting uphill, he said, ‘Wow, that was a big mistake,’ he lost his big general. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys,’ but it was too late.”

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1779311877446660340

Can’t say I’ve ever heard many describe the Battle of Gettysburg as “beautiful,” truth be known, he doesn’t have a clue about what occurred at Gettysburg, but that ain’t stopping him

And to quote Lee with an Irish accent is priceless

”Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was, the Battle of Gettysburg. What an unbelievable — it was so much, and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow, I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch,"

“Robert E. Lee, who’s no longer in favor — did you ever notice it? He’s no longer in favor. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.’ They were fighting uphill, he said, ‘Wow, that was a big mistake,’ he lost his big general. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys,’ but it was too late.”

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1779311877446660340

Can’t say I’ve ever heard many describe the Battle of Gettysburg as “beautiful,” truth be known, he doesn’t have a clue about what occurred at Gettysburg, but that ain’t stopping him

And to quote Lee with an Irish accent is priceless

Clicked on the link, it seems to be dead. Perhaps deleted?

I see. I've seen Trump continually flirt with the idea that the wrong side won- in his speech above, his comment that Robert E. Lee wasn't very popular any more continues along that vein. It's a dangerous stance to take, particularly because of something that Wikipedia brings up in its article on the Civil War:

The reasons for the Southern states' decisions to secede have been historically controversial, but most scholars today identify preserving slavery as the central reason for their decision to secede.[18] Several of the seceding states' secession documents designate slavery as a motive for their departure.[17] Although some scholars have offered additional reasons for the war,[19] slavery was the central source of escalating political tensions in the 1850s.[20]

Full article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

That video says a lot about Trump, but even more about the people who follow him and see a leader there. Trump is ignorant. He was freewheeling about Gettysburg because he knew nothing about it. He might have heard of it.

That video says a lot about Trump, but even more about the people who follow him and see a leader there. Trump is ignorant. He was freewheeling about Gettysburg because he knew nothing about it. He might have heard of it.

Interest watching the people behind him, if they aren’t daydreaming, they look like they’d rather be elsewhere, especially the kid who starts yawning.

There was a kid making faces and a guy in a gray hat behind Trump shaking his head and rolling his eyes. I found it amusing.

Interest watching the people behind him, if they aren’t daydreaming, they look like they’d rather be elsewhere, especially the kid who starts yawning.
I noticed that, too and the guy in the gray hat who wasn’t buying his bs.

Back