How I find the strength to stay married to Anthony Weiner

anatta

100% recycled karma
Huma Abedin said it was her Muslim faith that helped her get through the darkest days of her marriage with sexting fiend Anthony Weiner.

“I tried to block out all the noise and move on with my life,” Abedin told Vogue, saying she relied on her faith and a “really supportive group of friends and colleagues” after her hubby’s sexting derailed his promising mayoral bid.

“That support system enabled us — enabled me — to get up and to keep doing what I thought were the right things for my family and for myself,” said Abedin, adding that her son, Jordan, also helped her pull through.

“I know Anthony has said this before, but Jordan was the best thing that happened to either of us,” added Abedin, who said she has yet to watch the candid 2016 documentary “Weiner,” which charts her husband’s self-inflicted implosion. “Our primary concern was the well-being of our son, and ensuring he had everything he needed to feel loved and cared for and to thrive.”

Abedin, 40, said it wasn’t Weiner’s looks that completed her — it was his smarts and his passion.
Modal TriggerHuma Abedin on the campaign trail with Hillary ClintonPhoto: Getty Images

“One of the things that, because we became friendly, I found striking about Anthony was how smart he was, what a great debater he was. He was smart, he was passionate,” Abedin said. “When he wanted to do something that he thought was the right thing to do, he would not give up. The kind of dedication and passion he had for helping people, I found very attractive and inspiring.”

She continued: “We’d walk through the neighborhood, and people would stop him on the street and say, ‘Congressman, I need help with something,’ and he’d pull out a pen and paper. He was always very meticulous about following up,” she said.

But her first interactions with the disgraced former congressman were a disaster, she confessed.

“It didn’t go so well,” Abedin said. “A friend of mine came up to me and said, ‘He’d like to meet you.’ I was working. My mind wasn’t even there. He came over, he said hello, and, honestly, that was the end of it.”

She added, “I ordered tea, and then left to use the ladies’ room, and then never came back. That was our first meeting.”
http://nypost.com/2016/08/17/how-i-find-the-strength-to-stay-married-to-anthony-weiner/

Back