How Liberal Is Obama?

cawacko

From my perspective while Obama has talked about change most or all of his policy proposals have come out of the liberal old school Democratic playbook.

Now it is definitely possible that this is because he's been in a long drawn out Democratic primary which has forced him to stay to the left and he will move some of his policy's to the center during the campaign against McCain. The Economist wrote an article not too long ago stating a similar theme that they feel Obama would be more open to free trade and other economic liberalization than his rhetoric has expressed so far on the campaign trail.

Anyone have thoughts on how his policy proposals will play out during the main election?

A more centrist set of policies would be a big help in winning.

All that has to happen is for him to be labeled as an extreme liberal and there would be significant harm.

From my perspective while Obama has talked about change most or all of his policy proposals have come out of the liberal old school Democratic playbook.

Now it is definitely possible that this is because he's been in a long drawn out Democratic primary which has forced him to stay to the left and he will move some of his policy's to the center during the campaign against McCain. The Economist wrote an article not too long ago stating a similar theme that they feel Obama would be more open to free trade and other economic liberalization than his rhetoric has expressed so far on the campaign trail.

Anyone have thoughts on how his policy proposals will play out during the main election?

Google his appearance at AIPAC yesterday.

A definate turn to the center and the general election..

I was grimacing watching it, but I understand.

Yeah, I thought he went further than he had to. I don't understand why in our country, presidential aspirants have to act as if they are running to be President of Israel.

*This is a customer services announcement - would AHZ please make his way to the front office. Thank you.*

Curses! I thought the title of this thread was a set-up for a joke.

I want a fucking punchline and I want it now!

Here, I'll start it: "Obama is so liberal . . . "

AHZ is probably in DC reporting on the Bilderberg meetings, calling radio shows during fire drills and blaming it on the conspiracy because powerful people like that have no other recourse than setting off fire alarms...

He's going to come back and start posting how Obama is now a Noahide Bilderberg slouch...

DUNSHIT YOUR A TOOL
he should be pushing to legalize pot

Yeah, I'm sure that pushing to legalize pot would help the first black candidate for president get elected.

That WAS funny, but the punchline doesn't follow the set-up. You must be new at this.

Yeah, I thought he went further than he had to. I don't understand why in our country, presidential aspirants have to act as if they are running to be President of Israel.

Because Washington, DC is Israeli occupied territory.

Not because of jewish voters, who make up only about 3% of the US population .. but because of jewish influence.

dungtool, there are 700,000 people in jail for pot and by far black as far as their percentage. It might be the best thing he could do while in office. I personally don't give a fly shit if a rightwhinG NAZI puke approves or not.

dungtool, there are 700,000 people in jail for pot and by far black as far as their percentage. It might be the best thing he could do while in office. I personally don't give a fly shit if a rightwhinG NAZI puke approves or not.
Maybe he will, but he won't run on it. I'm sure he's glad he has somebody other than you as his manager, because he knows a net vote loser stance when he sees one.

He would be a fool to run on it, but I hope he or Congress addresses it in the next term, and at least change the tone that was set for pot offenses in the Bush years. They saw pot as a dangerous "gateway" drug, so now our prisons are overcrowded with kids who will never get these years back. It's really not being melodramatic to call it a tragic situation.

He would be a fool to run on it, but I hope he or Congress addresses it in the next term, and at least change the tone that was set for pot offenses in the Bush years. They saw pot as a dangerous "gateway" drug, so now our prisons are overcrowded with kids who will never get these years back. It's really not being melodramatic to call it a tragic situation.

It's more important than Iraq to me.

Well said.

Back