how much more per year would you pay for a justice system that works

• up to $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • up to $1000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we want law and order but seem unwilling to pay for it

LOL are you kidding? We are getting taxed out our teeth and everybody sits around silently. If this were to happen 200 years ago, there would have been a revolution, but now, we're too fat and happy.

We have law and order that sucks, we are fat, we are happy, we are complacent.... Thus, law and order will get worse and worse, so long as we are fat and happy.

Get it yet? Fat and happy = complacent and stupid.

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

LOL are you kidding? We are getting taxed out our teeth and everybody sits around silently. If this were to happen 200 years ago, there would have been a revolution, but now, we're too fat and happy.

We have law and order that sucks, we are fat, we are happy, we are complacent.... Thus, law and order will get worse and worse, so long as we are fat and happy.

Get it yet? Fat and happy = complacent and stupid.

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

you noticed - we need to reform our laws as well as supporting a justice system

more jobs = less crime

hell even a modern WPA to repair our infrastructure would cost less than having people on unemployment/welfare

but i think you are correct - those of us that have are getting fat and lazy

BTW I don't pay taxes so my 10 dollars would be an infinite increase in taxes vs. Don's how much?

That's right. I am generous.

the last two tax years are uneven and not representative of my usual income

but i would still pay $5000 more for a system that works a lot better - including a WPA type workfare

I think the best thing for our law and order system would be to get rid of the non-violent drug offenders.

Without men there would also be a drastic reduction in crime. So let's kill all men.

Last edited:
IF we could get our governments at all levels to quit wasting what they already take, we could achieve the goal of a better society (including criminal justice system) without the need to pay more.

Restructuring the penal system to be self sufficient - or at least close (ie: make those who prey on society sustain themselves) - would go a long way toward building a better CJ system plus reduce the cost of the CJ system to the tax payer. Hell, even 50% self sufficiency would unburden the states of about $35 billion annually. That's about $300 per household right there.

I would be willing to pay for a system that works.

But Beefy made an excellent point. We are already taxed to the limits.

1/3 of my income already goes to the sucking blackhole that is our federal government.

I am paying for a system that obviously doesn't work. Paying for one that works wouldn't bother me at all.

But personal responsibility and self sufficiency would be a marvelous new concept in this country.

Maybe we should try it.

I voted 5000, only cause it's chump change.
Stop arresting black youth for blunts, and pulling them over for being black and you'd have billions to use on serious crimes. Maybe you could keep murderers and child molestors in jail for more than 5 yrs.

I pay over 70k in taxes and I get the service of 5 weeks summer vacation, nothing getting passed in congress, shitty roads, expensive gas, diminishing social security, shotty Medicare, need I go on?

Government jobs everyone knows.. get in at 9.. take 2 hour lunch at 11-1 and leave at 330. On Thursday when its the late night leave at 1pm and come back from 630-830.

It’s not a matter of taxes. I understand that maybe DQ is trying to say, how much is fairness worth to you as a society? But this isn’t about money.

We need to get rid of the eye for an eye attitude that we have as a country. I think that Americans have a sadistic streak in them. Water is right that doing away with the war on drugs, would go a long way. It’d be a big first step.

Back