how stupid is the military these days?

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bateman-on-guns-120313

People, it is time to talk about guns.

My entire adult life has been dedicated to the deliberate management of violence. There are no two ways around that fact. My job, at the end of the day, is about killing. I orchestrate violence.

I am not proud of that fact. Indeed, I am often torn-up by the realization that not only is this my job, but that I am really good at my job. But my profession is about directed violence on behalf of the nation.

so we have an idiot who acknowledges that he kills on the orders of the government, though he calls it the 'nation' in order to be deceitful to us. then goes on to tell us that the framers of the constitution and bill of rights, as well as what we the people voted upon, was nothing but a 'ha ha, fooled you' moment. that the framers would provide ONLY the military and government with the right to bear arms after the government and military had just tried to take ours.

Five of the nine members of the Supreme Court agreed that the part in the Second Amendment which talks about "A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State..." did not matter. In other words, they flunked basic high school history.

The lengths to which Justice Scalia had to go in his attempt to rewrite American history and the English language are as stunning as they are egregious. In essence, what he said about the words written by the Founding Fathers was, "Yeah, they didn't really mean what they said."

Which is why, in 1903 Congress passed the Militia Act. Friends, if you have not read it I'll just tell you: As of 1903, the "militia" has been known as the National Guard.

They are "well regulated," and when called to do so as they have been these past twelve years, they can fight like demons. I am proud of them. And I am ashamed that Justice Scalia thinks that they do not exist.

Guns are tools. I use these tools in my job. But like all tools one must be trained and educated in their use. Weapons are there for the "well regulated militia."

he belongs in England and he should stay there. don't come back, traitor.

Back