How the woke Olympic Village is ending any world-record hopes

Grokmaster

Contributor
Further left-idiocy from the French morons.
The "green/vegan" focus is weakening athletes, and killing world record hopes, due to poor conditions, and lack of protein in foods offered.
In case you wondered how "green" dumbness works in the real world.

Yay, Leftidiots.

How the woke Olympic Village is ending any world-record hopes

~ After years of dedication and sacrifice, the least Olympic athletes deserved in Paris this summer was adequate facilities to help fuel their quests for glory. Instead, they've been greeted by quite the opposite. Over the weekend USA tennis star Coco Gauff revealed her entire team have become the latest athletes to flee an Olympic Village which seems to be doing more harm than good almost one week into the 2024 Games.

~ Gauff, 20, posted a candid TikTok video that exposed the shocking conditions Olympians are enduring inside the brand new $1.6 billion facility, with the US Open champion forced to share a bathroom with 10 of her compatriots before five of them packed up and left. America's female tennis stars are not the first athletes to walk out on the Olympic Village this summer, and given the wide range of complaints flooding in they are unlikely to be the last, either. Organizers at the Paris Games were determined to make this Olympics the most sustainable of all time, prioritizing a green approach in almost every area.

~ However, this aggressive focus on being eco-friendly has resulted in appalling conditions for competitors striving for greatness in the French capital, meaning world records have been few and far between so far. Every room is without air conditioning, leading to uncomfortably stuffy temperatures, while they are all equipped with bog-standard cardboard beds. US gymnast Frederick Richard was even forced to ship his own mattress to the village in Paris because the beds on offer are so deficient. 'Everyone's complaining about beds and stuff,' he said last week. 'I ordered my bed already, shipped it here. I had a comfy bed from the start.'

~ The lack of world records boils down to this whole eco-friendly, carbon footprint, vegan-first mentality rather than high performance,' Magnussen said. 'They had a charter that said 60 percent of food in the village had to be vegan friendly and the day before the opening ceremony they ran out of meat and dairy options in the village because they hadn’t anticipated so many athletes would be choosing the meat and dairy options over the vegan friendly ones. 'The caterer had to rejig their numbers and bring in more of those products because surprise, surprise — world class athletes don’t have vegan diets.'They must have watched the Netflix doco Game Changers and assumed everyone was the same. But let me tell you, Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, Roger Federer — none of those guys are on a vegan diet.'

White Libs don't know that pouring all that concrete for the village caused 1000X more CO2 than the athletes meat and A/C would have.

"Concrete manufacture is responsible for 8% of global carbon emissions, with the ingredient “clinker” accounting for most of it. Global demand for cement (which hardens into concrete) is expected to increase 48% from 4.2bn to 6.2bn tons by 2050, mainly driven by developing nations.Jan 24, 2023"

Last edited:
Freakin' arrogant morons, trying to force their nonsense onto others, as usual: BUSTED!!! :ROFLMAO:

Olympic Village ditches woke approach after huge outcry​

Olympic Games organizers have wilted to pressure from athletes and ordered more than 700kg of eggs and a tonne of extra meat to replace fake meat meals and non-dairy options. Athletes and teams have been left far from impressed by the food on offer as the Olympic village, just one of a number complaints including a lack of air conditioning, uncomfortable cardboard beds, lengthy walks to the cafeteria and overcrowded buses which do not run on time.

The Olympic Experience tends to be the or one of the most important reasons athletes want to go.....it is a two week sex filled party for many.....the competition in their sport is nice but they get that all the time.

Killing the Olympics by destroying the experience while claiming to be trying save the planet would be par for WOKE.....much like "Go WOKE Go Broke".

France is really a fucked up place.

My understanding lately is the citizens had about reached their limit but got cold feet at the last minute.

I wish the far left here would self deport to there.

France is really a fucked up place.

My understanding lately is the citizens had about reached their limit but got cold feet at the last minute.

I wish the far left here would self deport to there.
The International Olympic Committee is driving the WOKE, they have been taken over by the neo-marxists.

I was of the opinion even before it went WOKE that it is time for the olympics to go away again.....I am doubling down.

Back