Huckabee Crosses Picket Line

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
He's appearing on Leno tonight. Leno is back on the air notwithstanding the ongoing writers' strike and Huckabee crossed the picket line to appear. I guess he isn't counting on union support in the first place, but I think it's a pretty shitty thing to do.

Oh, for you knuckleheads out there, yes Clinton is appearing on Letterman but he is working with writers with a new contract separately negotiated by Worldwide Pants with the union. She's not crossing the picket line.

I'm glad to hear Clinton is trying to help. That's good news. It's no surprise to me that Huckabee isn't doing anything to help. Republicans like him have no respect for unions or the working people unless it can benefit them directly. Go figure.

He's appearing on Leno tonight. Leno is back on the air notwithstanding the ongoing writers' strike and Huckabee crossed the picket line to appear. I guess he isn't counting on union support in the first place, but I think it's a pretty shitty thing to do.

Oh, for you knuckleheads out there, yes Clinton is appearing on Letterman but he is working with writers with a new contract separately negotiated by Worldwide Pants with the union. She's not crossing the picket line.

I'd cross the picket line. Who the fuck do they think they are? They complain about their 6-digit salaries, and then shut down the American entertainment industry, to the detriment of America itself, in order to make themselves even richer. And then they have the gall to complain about individuals continuing on without them on their own free will.

I'd cross the picket line just to protest their idiocy. Huckabee is better in my opinion because of this.

I'd cross the picket line. Who the fuck do they think they are? They complain about their 6-digit salaries, and then shut down the American entertainment industry, to the detriment of America itself, in order to make themselves even richer. I'd cross the picket line just to protest their idiocy. Who the fuck do you think you are, telling Huckabee what to do?

Go easy on the drink. Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about, but like most others around here that doesn't stop you from speaking up.

I'm glad to hear Clinton is trying to help. That's good news. It's no surprise to me that Huckabee isn't doing anything to help. Republicans like him have no respect for unions or the working people unless it can benefit them directly. Go figure.

LOL... you obviously have no idea about Huckabee's economics. That's not surprising.

Neither hillary nor huckaby are writers. Crossing the picket line is a phrase used to describe workers doing the specific jobs that are on strike.

Neither hillary nor huckaby are writers. Crossing the picket line is a phrase used to describe workers doing the specific jobs that are on strike.

No, crossing the picket line is a phrase used to describe someone that patronizes an employer that is operating notwithstanding the fact that it's employees are striking. You are referring to scab laborers, which is a particular category of people who cross the picket line.

The whole point of a picket line is to dissuade people from going in to the employer or "crossing the picket line."

I don't understand why employer's don't kick them off of their property?

They do when they can. Typically the union has legal representation that knows where picketing can take place and informs the rank and file of dos and don'ts. They're typically advised to picket only on public property (sidewalks and the like). In the days of company towns there was fierce litigation on this very issue and the rules are rather well defined at this point.

QFT

Unions are now trying to own candidates?

The writers can cry all they want about being screwed. Good for them. But this is stupid. Cue Rstringfield to come in and say how writers own all political candidates.

Leno's paying the people out his own pocket, what a devil... lol

No, crossing the picket line is a phrase used to describe someone that patronizes an employer that is operating notwithstanding the fact that it's employees are striking. You are referring to scab laborers, which is a particular category of people who cross the picket line.

The whole point of a picket line is to dissuade people from going in to the employer or "crossing the picket line."

But they are not patronizing these shows. they are working there, as a guest, doing a different job.

But they are not patronizing these shows. they are working there, as a guest, doing a different job.

Two things. First, there is no picket line at Letterman. He's working with contract writers negotiated by Worldwide Pants. Second, Huckabee crossed the picket line to appear on the show. That's crossing a picket line. There is no real argument about that. Scab labor is a different ball of wax altogether as I have explained to you previously.

Whether or not he was counting on that support some would come from there. This move probably put him down a bit in Iowa.

Two things. First, there is no picket line at Letterman. He's working with contract writers negotiated by Worldwide Pants. Second, Huckabee crossed the picket line to appear on the show. That's crossing a picket line. There is no real argument about that. Scab labor is a different ball of wax altogether as I have explained to you previously.

oh. ok. :D

Leno's paying the people out his own pocket, what a devil... lol

Out of his own pocket my ass. Out of the pocket of his huge multi billion dollar coropration maybe... but not out of his own pocket.

Hahahahaha

Back