Hunter Biden laptop re-emerges as media embarrassment as it becomes key evidence at gun trial

ExpressLane

Verified User

Hunter Biden laptop re-emerges as media embarrassment as it becomes key evidence at gun trial

Hunter Biden’s scandalous laptop, which was originally dismissed as Russian disinformation by many media outlets, pundits and even liberal allies in the intelligence community, was formally entered into evidence and confirmed by the FBI this week in his ongoing federal gun crime trial.

The "laptop from hell," which is filled with videos and photos of drug use, sex acts, and sensitive business communications, was shown to the jury on Tuesday to try to prove the president's son lied about using drugs on a gun purchase form. While the laptop has since been authenticated by a variety of news outlets, it was rejected when the New York Post first reported it in the weeks leading up to the 2020 election. Twitter, claiming the story violated its terms of service on hacked materials, locked the New York Post out of its account for weeks and even blocked users from sharing the story link.

Former New York Post deputy politics editor Emma-Jo Morris, who had the lead byline on the initial bombshell report, said she didn’t need a laptop to be confirmed by the FBI or mainstream outlets to feel vindicated.

"I thought it was insane, and almost beyond parody what I was watching, as the entire political establishment, intelligence community, media establishment, big tech, everyone just made up a story that I knew wasn't true," Morris, now at Breitbart News, told Fox News Digital.

"It's kind of funny now to watch them all have to walk back this kind of crazy, outrageous claim that they had all made," she continued. "But I was vindicated the minute we pressed publish."

In one of the most memorable media conversations regarding the bombshell story, Trump appeared on CBS’ "60 Minutes" shortly after the story emerged and called the laptop "one of the biggest scandals" he had ever seen. But interviewer Lesley Stahl was insistent that there was no way to conclude the laptop or its contents were real.

"Excuse me, they found the laptop. Lesley. Listen," Trump said, as Stahl repeatedly interjected that the laptop could not be verified.

"What can’t be verified?" Trump asked.

"The laptop!" Stahl exclaimed. .....

MSNBC contributor Jason Johnson said, "It is so obviously a Russian operation," when asked about the laptop. "Deadline: White House" host Nicolle Wallace was more confident in dismissing Hunter Biden's laptop, telling viewers, "We shouldn't look at it as anything other than a Russian disinformation operation." MSNBC anchor Katy Tur mocked the Post's story, saying it "dropped like a bomb" but then withered under scrutiny......

CNN was caught spiking the laptop story when it first broke, according to recordings obtained by Project Veritas that were released in December 2020.

"Obviously, we're not going with the New York Post story right now on Hunter Biden," CNN political director David Chalian said during a conference call on October 14, the same day the Post published its first story on Hunter Biden's emails. ....
============================================

CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo viewers or readers have forever ceded the right to complain about Fox.

Hunter: drugs, false answers on a gun permit application, cheating on his wife, soliciting prostitutes. If convicted on the gun charge, a hefty fine and/or jail time.

Everything else the MAGA mooks are throwing against the wall or regurgitating in a desperate ploy to justify all their BS in the past 4 years and connect Hunter's problems to Uncle Joe.

Gotta give the little cusses credit .... they are insipidly stubborn and determined.

Politifact - 2020

Says “Hunter Biden had 25,000 pics of him torturing and raping children under age 10 in China on his laptop.”

Back