I actually agree with Huckabee

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
Click Here

(CNN) — Mike Huckabee continued to cry foul Monday over the results in Saturday’s Washington State GOP caucuses, saying the state party chairman's decision to call the race there early for John McCain is reminiscent of elections in communist bloc nations.............In a statement released Sunday, Huckabee's campaign said Washington's GOP Party Chairman Luke Esser called the race for McCain when Huckabee was only losing to the Arizona senator by 242 votes and over 1,500 votes remained to be counted. Esser has said he remains confident he made the right call.

How is that even allowed?

Huckabee's campaign took issue with the fact that Washington state Republican Party Chairman Luke Esser called the race Saturday night with 87 percent of the precincts counted. At that point, McCain was ahead of Huckabee by 242 delegates out of the 13,000 counted, Esser said. The Huckabee campaign contends there were another 1,500 or so delegates not counted.............According to the GOP's Saturday tally, Arizona Sen. John McCain won about 26 percent of delegates, Arkansas Gov. Huckabee won 24 percent, Texas Rep. Ron Paul finished with 21 percent, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who has dropped out of the race, got 17 percent. Most of the rest were non-committed.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004175292_webhuckabee10.html

It appears that McCain didn't have a substantial lead. Mitt dropped out and got 17%, he was only 9% ahead of someone not even in the race and they still had 1500 to go?!

That's crazy. No way in he** I'd concede either.

I like this comment by the Washington GOP Chairman:

Esser said this afternoon that the Republican Party was going to try to get as "close as we can to 100 percent" in the vote count, and may have more numbers by later today. But Esser doesn't believe counting more votes will change the outcome.

Apparently close counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and Washington GOP caucuses.

So whoever is ahead in November when 87% of the vote is in is the winner? Cool beans. Gotta love Reboublican politics. But then again, in Chicago they usually wait till 105% of the vote is in to call the race. It usually takes dead people longer to get to the polls.

So whoever is ahead in November when 87% of the vote is in is the winner? Cool beans. Gotta love Reboublican politics. But then again, in Chicago they usually wait till 105% of the vote is in to call the race. It usually takes dead people longer to get to the polls.
Sometimes they keep them open longer to get them there too...

What a crock, I can put a long list of democrats being CONVICTED of election fraud, and then there's this thread claiming Republicans do all the cheating because a man accurately predicted the outcome of an election early.

How do you morons think any election is called early, it's called districts, voting patterns, counties strongly supporting one candidate over the other, Hell I saw California called with 5% of the vote counted, those guys crooks too?

I haven't looked into this, but I'd be willing to bet, as happens regularly in campaigns the remaining districts where McCain strongholds, which baring a miracle would not turn around an outcome.

How can we have so many idiots on political affairs viciously attacking others for their own political ignorance??? Huckabee at least has a dog in this fight, whiny as it is, the rest of you agreeing with him need to go back to grade school...

What a crock, I can put a long list of democrats being CONVICTED of election fraud, and then there's this thread claiming Republicans do all the cheating because a man accurately predicted the outcome of an election early.

How do you morons think any election is called early, it's called districts, voting patterns, counties strongly supporting one candidate over the other, Hell I saw California called with 5% of the vote counted, those guys crooks too?

I haven't looked into this, but I'd be willing to bet, as happens regularly in campaigns the remaining districts where McCain strongholds, which baring a miracle would not turn around an outcome.

How can we have so many idiots on political affairs viciously attacking others for their own political ignorance??? Huckabee at least has a dog in this fight, whiny as it is, the rest of you agreeing with him need to go back to grade school...

WRL - The media calls elections when votes are outstanding, the bodies that actually conduct the elections usually continue counting until all votes are counted. The Republican GOP Chairman simply stopped counting with 13% of the vote outstanding while McCain held a 240 odd vote lead with roughly 1500 votes outstanding.

Then, after being questioned about it, he stated that he'd tried to get as close to 100% as possible. That was on Sunday for an election that took place on Saturday and that featured roughly 15,000 voters. How fucking difficult is it to count 15,000 votes?

That doesn't stink to you?

Now maybe he was right all along, but if there wasn't something fishy going on why the hell would he do it in the first place?

Weird. According to their state page R Caucuses aren't held until the 19th of February, while the D's were held on the 9th. Mistyped I guess...

You have to be kidding? I have never heard of this. Elections are not done by sampling but by a vote of the whole population.

Back