I am proud

I think Democrats are right. We fight for the American dream, for the environment, for privacy rights, a woman's right to choose, a good public education system.

We have fought for social justice. We have fought for economic justice. We have fought for environmental justice. We have fought for criminal justice. Now we must add a new fight - the fight for electoral justice.

We voted to hold Wall Street accountable and stop the reckless practices What brought our economy to the brink of collapse. I am proud of my amendment that will bring an end to taxpayer bailouts of Wall Street and ensure that companies are responsible for their own mistakes.

Even if I have to stand alone, I will not be afraid to stand alone. I'm going to fight for you. I'm going to fight for what's right. I'm going to fight to hold people accountable.

I enjoyed my meeting with Solicitor General Elena Kagan. I was impressed with her experience, her intellect, her poise, her humility and her approach to the law, including her respect for precedent. In our conversation, she demonstrated an understanding of the fundamental promise of our Constitution, which is equality, justice and fairness for all. I look forward to the confirmation process.

Americans have long recognized the need to protect our public lands and their vast resources.

So when you go up against the Far Right you go up against the big financial special interests like the Halliburtons of the world, the big oil companies, the big energy companies who work so hard to rip us off.

When you take a stand out of deep conviction, people know. They may not even agree, but they ask, 'Do I want someone who is willing to take a hard stand and someone I can trust to do that when the chips are down?' They want that.

Back