‘I Felt Betrayed’: A Black Maryland Cop Blew the Whistle on Racist Text Message

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
A Black Prince George’s County police officer is afraid for his safety after he reported a fellow officer for a use-of-force violation against a suspect who turned out to be misidentified.

Brown told NBC4 Washington he was alarmed because their department was never trained to put their hands on anyone’s neck.

Brown, with the assistance of his partner, PGPD officer Thomas Lester, reported Wormuth, resulting in Wormuth getting charged with misconduct in office and second-degree assault.

Wormuth was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail and had his police powers suspended for the assault and misconduct charges. But the sentence was put on hold when new evidence came to light.

During the investigation, officials found a long series of racist exchanges on Wormuth’s phone between him and other officers working within the department. One text exchange showed Wormuth calling African-Americans “f*cking animals” and referring to Black police officers as “Black people in a white man’s job.”

Yet despite stepping up to do the right thing, Brown was quite discouraged during Wormuth’s trial when he saw how many of his fellow mostly white officers supported Wormuth. Brown openly admitted to the fact that he felt that his department was doing little to protect him from his co-workers throughout the process of the investigation.

According to Brown, he and the officers that stood with him have now become known as the “snitches” and have been labeled as other derogatory terms within the department. Accusations also surfaced of officers conspiring to not back up Brown’s squad in the line of duty in retaliation.

https://news.yahoo.com/felt-betrayed-black-maryland-cop-193011343.html

A Black Prince George’s County police officer is afraid for his safety after he reported a fellow officer for a use-of-force violation against a suspect who turned out to be misidentified.

Brown told NBC4 Washington he was alarmed because their department was never trained to put their hands on anyone’s neck.

Brown, with the assistance of his partner, PGPD officer Thomas Lester, reported Wormuth, resulting in Wormuth getting charged with misconduct in office and second-degree assault.

Wormuth was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail and had his police powers suspended for the assault and misconduct charges. But the sentence was put on hold when new evidence came to light.

During the investigation, officials found a long series of racist exchanges on Wormuth’s phone between him and other officers working within the department. One text exchange showed Wormuth calling African-Americans “f*cking animals” and referring to Black police officers as “Black people in a white man’s job.”

Yet despite stepping up to do the right thing, Brown was quite discouraged during Wormuth’s trial when he saw how many of his fellow mostly white officers supported Wormuth. Brown openly admitted to the fact that he felt that his department was doing little to protect him from his co-workers throughout the process of the investigation.

According to Brown, he and the officers that stood with him have now become known as the “snitches” and have been labeled as other derogatory terms within the department. Accusations also surfaced of officers conspiring to not back up Brown’s squad in the line of duty in retaliation.

Police need to be the leaders not the criminals. Good for him for speaking up.

Well they are trained how to detain someone such as holding their head down whether by hand or usually knee.

On the other issue, if you start snitching on people don't expect good things to happen.

And that isn't just the police, that's pretty much all industries, friends, family, it's just a general rule that you shouldn't snitch.

Let them fuck up and get themselves into trouble.

Black Black Black Black Black blah blah blah.

Black Black Black Black Black blah blah blah.

All Trumpers are racists and either White Nationalists or White Supremacists.

Dog whistles eh? OK. Let's be honest about what a dog whistle is. A dog whistle is used to train a dog to act in a predictable manner. If you would like to transfer that to humans the most predictable thing I've seen lately is the no tolerance for intolerance dog whistle and that wasn't the GOP doing that.
You might want to update your thread since Trumpism is all about dog whistles. :thup:
I am sick and tired of having to wait for a bucket because whitey is in front of me ordering his stupid fucking grillers. Order some chicken bitch, I don't care if you get grease on your fingers.

Fucking white people.
^^^
Dog whistle #1
I just took a DNA test and...I'm black.

Some shit is gunna change around here!

Stop appropriating my culture, it offends me and my people.

The Plan: I'm founding my own branch of the NAACP where I live (West Klansville, MI) and I will also have a soul food kitchen on the premises. Because I believe in diversity I will hire a white boy to bus the tables...for minimum wage of course because his privilege hasn't allowed him to learn the value of hard work.

If you crackas have a problem with it you can suck it, we're all stuck with this for 10 days.
Dog Whistle #2

This is pretty universal, no matter the race, throughout the police gangs of the US. If someone blows the whistle, they are targets. Some are killed, others harrassed into quitting or have their families threatened. That's why there are next to no actual good cops. The good ones are the ones that blow that whistle, and usually pay the price. The rest are corrupt as hell and will stand up for the rest of the police when they do wrong, or straight up police equivalent to gangbangers.

Back