I Hope Obama Truly Is An Alinsky Dissenter

Annie

Not So Junior Member
It would be a good thing:

http://how-infotaining.com/2008/06/08/self-criticism-sessions-coming-to-a-venue-near-you/
...self-criticism sessions coming to a venue near you

June 8th, 2008 * Dems, political correctness, political culture, political speech

The loonies at MSNBC are fantasizing about how to wreak vengeance on the warmongers...

...At one meeting, where residents of an asbestos-laden housing project confronted their property manager about whether their homes had been tested, Obama suddenly had the urge to warn his target. “I wanted to somehow let Mr. Anderson know that I understood his dilemma,” Obama wrote in Dreams, with the kind of empathy that is the hallmark of his autobiography. He was sometimes more interested in connecting with folks on the South Side than organizing them. He studied the characters he encountered so closely that Kruglik says Obama turned his field reports into short stories about the hopes and struggles of the local pastors and congregants with whom he was trying to commune.​

Let’s hope that a President Obama will prove to be a late-stage dissenter from the School of Alinsky.

Why would someone occupying the office of President bother to follow the teachings of Saul Alinsky? It doesn't make sense. Alinsky taught dissent; constructive and reasonable dissent; dissent within the bounds of the law. Dissent pertains to authority. If you're "authority" why would you dissent against yourself?

Obama has been part of the Chicago results of Alinsky for 20 years. He followed the path that Alinsky blazed. So far he's very much followed the "Rules For Radicals."

It's racist to question Obama. It's racist to criticize Obama. It's racist to oppose Obama.

In fact, unless you vote for Obama at least 3 times in November, you're racist.

It's racist to question Obama. It's racist to criticize Obama. It's racist to oppose Obama.

In fact, unless you vote for Obama at least 3 times in November, you're racist.

I not sure if there is a cure, but I've heard rest and a good night's sleep can help you get your thoughts together in a coherent manner. Good luck.

Obama has been part of the Chicago results of Alinsky for 20 years. He followed the path that Alinsky blazed. So far he's very much followed the "Rules For Radicals."

Me too, I bought "Rules for Radicals" and used it when I worked for my union but if I was the head of the state government I'd be reading it for intel not for action.

And it depends on whether you have the real power. As Alinsky pointed out, if you don't have the power then you have to have ways of persuading those with the power to give you what you want.

Again, what I said. I'm assuming both houses will be overwhelmingly Democratic after November.

Again, what I said. I'm assuming both houses will be overwhelmingly Democratic after November.

Can I go back and completely delete all my post in this thread? Because I totally missed your point and then compounded my error.

Hah, on the internets no-one can see me blush. But I can't bluff my way out of this one.

Damn, I can't even use the defence of :clink: cos I'm totally sober.

Sorry Kathianne - here's my sword. Hand it back to me in several pieces.

:o

Can I go back and completely delete all my post in this thread? Because I totally missed your point and then compounded my error.

Hah, on the internets no-one can see me blush. But I can't bluff my way out of this one.

Damn, I can't even use the defence of :clink: cos I'm totally sober.

Sorry Kathianne - here's my sword. Hand it back to me in several pieces.

:o

No need. I caught a break in that I've been polishing up on my sociology and was just reading about Alinsky, even glanced at that damn book. :cof1:

It's a good book, well I thought it was. I lent mine out and it hasn't returned home yet but I remember a phrase Alinsky borrowed from someone else that referred to privilege never giving up anything without a struggle. That still resonates.

It's a good book, well I thought it was. I lent mine out and it hasn't returned home yet but I remember a phrase Alinsky borrowed from someone else that referred to privilege never giving up anything without a struggle. That still resonates.

Actually the premise sucks, but there are lots of good lines, for those of us that like to quote...;)

Actually the premise sucks, but there are lots of good lines, for those of us that like to quote...;)

Have to disagree. His tactics work, heck I used them against a government that told us they wouldn't negotiate with any public sector union. They held out for 18 months but we took a shotgun to them (figuratively speaking) and got them to the bargaining table and forced a deal. The good lines are merely inspirational, the tactics are informative :)

Back