I Just Barracked The Vote

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
I got there super early and ended up with the #1 Ticket stub because I was the first to line up in my district!!!!! :)

HUGE BLACK TURNOUT! I was shocked. I've never seen so many black people at the polls in my entire life. Out of around 50 people that were there, including my boyfriend...there were maybe 6 or 7 white people.

I got there super early and ended up with the #1 Ticket stub because I was the first to line up in my district!!!!! :)

HUGE BLACK TURNOUT! I was shocked. I've never seen so many black people at the polls in my entire life. Out of around 50 people that were there, including my boyfriend...there were maybe 6 or 7 white people.

Did you get robbed?

Hi tiana, i miss you here so much!

I am so excited, I am going out soon! I'm real happy to hear about the demographics at your polling place. That's what we need to put these mf'ers in the ground today!

The black vote is going to be huge.

My sister's partner teaches at Miles College. It was a safe haven during the civil rights movement, because they could close the gates and protect the people.

There has been a big movement to get the vote out. They are not bussing them to the polls today. They are going to do an old fashioned march to the polls. Its great to see that campus so motivated.

The black vote is going to be huge.

My sister's partner teaches at Miles College. It was a safe haven during the civil rights movement, because they could close the gates and protect the people.

There has been a big movement to get the vote out. They are not bussing them to the polls today. They are going to do an old fashioned march to the polls. Its great to see that campus so motivated.

well what i am excited about too, is that here in ny, a state that is in no way in play - the lines are wrapped around buildings. so the idea that obama supporters might get complacent and not vote, might not be an issue. i think people want to get out and vote for this guy, they are motivated to be a part of this, and it doesn't matter if they thing he has it in the bag or not. lines wrapped around buildings on the upper west side. and nobody thinks that obama needs their vote in this state.

well what i am excited about too, is that here in ny, a state that is in no way in play - the lines are wrapped around buildings. so the idea that obama supporters might get complacent and not vote, might not be an issue. i think people want to get out and vote for this guy, they are motivated to be a part of this, and it doesn't matter if they thing he has it in the bag or not. lines wrapped around buildings on the upper west side. and nobody thinks that obama needs their vote in this state.

This is a historic moment, regardless of whether the vote is needed or not. Hopes are high. If the momentum carries, more people will be involved than ever before. That can only be a positive thing for our country.

I only hope the changes work, and we move forward.

imagine being one of the people today, who in the midst of all of this, are sitting there going "boy i really hope mccain pulls this out"

i almost feel sorry for them. how sad. how utterly pathetically sad.

I'd rather imagine the ones who, having never voted, have turned out to support Obama.

And they get to say "I was a part of that".

I'd rather imagine the ones who, having never voted, have turned out to support Obama.

And they get to say "I was a part of that".

That's why I believe there won't be any Bradley effect or whatever it is called. Obama will have turned out enough new first time black voters to offset any whites that fit in that Bradley category.

I know! Its incredible because people would be kind of justified in rationalizing that he's going to win by a huge margin anyway, no need to wait in line for hours and hours. But we're not! We're out Baracking the vote!

word to the mutha fuckin street.
Obama rally today, I'm going with an Obama landslide.

Agreed. Unless the republicans cheat and try to steal this election he's going to win big time and the popular vote will be huge.

That's why I believe there won't be any Bradley effect or whatever it is called. Obama will have turned out enough new first time black voters to offset any whites that fit in that Bradley category.

And then some

Agreed. Unless the republicans cheat and try to steal this election he's going to win big time and the popular vote will be huge.

They already have been attempting to cheat. Here in Atlanta, It has been reported that some people were found voting in two different States. They were registered in both.

I can only imagine the nightmare that will happen if Mccain is announced the winner.

I don't think we have enough National Guard to maintain the peace.

Back