I just got a Blackberry Pearl!

McCain never claimed to have invented the Blackberry, you Canadian goof. In fact, the spokesman who made the comments that led to the misrepresentation didn't say it either, at least not as far as any rational person could discern.

At a briefing for reporters yesterday morning, Douglas Holtz-Eakin held up his BlackBerry in an attempt to prove that his boss, the former chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, has economic know-how.

"He did this," Holtz-Eakin informed them. "Telecommunications of the United States is a premier innovation in the past 15 years -- comes right through the Commerce Committee -- so you're looking at the miracle John McCain helped create, and that's what he did."

As I read the statement, my interpretation is that the laws that make telecommunications as we know it today passed through the committee on which McCain sits. Anyone who honestly thinks Holtz-Eakin was trying to attribute the device's development and manufacturing to McCain is being willfully ignorant.

Now, as to your Pearl, enjoy it but be careful, I hear they can be addicting. In fact, there was a recent survey that claimed 35% of Blackberry users would choose their Blackberry over their spouse.

BTW, a little behind the times, aren't you? Didn't the new Blackberry Bold just hit the market?

McCain never claimed to have invented the Blackberry, you Canadian goof. In fact, the spokesman who made the comments that led to the misrepresentation didn't say it either, at least not as far as any rational person could discern.

As I read the statement, my interpretation is that the laws that make telecommunications as we know it today passed through the committee on which McCain sits. Anyone who honestly thinks Holtz-Eakin was trying to attribute the device's development and manufacturing to McCain is being willfully ignorant.

Now, as to your Pearl, enjoy it but be careful, I hear they can be addicting. In fact, there was a recent survey that claimed 35% of Blackberry users would choose their Blackberry over their spouse.

BTW, a little behind the times, aren't you? Didn't the new Blackberry Bold just hit the market?

I got it for free from my work so I'm not complaining....

CK

Back