I voted yesterday...

Jarod

Contributor
I waited in a 30 min line. The poll workers said it was the shortest line all day. About 45% of the voters in line with me were black, in the parking lot I saw 7 Obama bumper stickers and 0 McCain bumber stickers.

Just my observations from Liberal old West Palm Beach....

I am sure Patrick Buchanon will win the county!

I waited in a 30 min line. The poll workers said it was the shortest line all day. About 45% of the voters in line with me were black, in the parking lot I saw 7 Obama bumper stickers and 0 McCain bumber stickers.

Just my observations from Liberal old West Palm Beach....

I am sure Patrick Buchanon will win the county!

Hmm, well did registered Democrat and Liberal county official Theresa LePore design it again?
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresa_LePore[/ame]

Here's a little known interesting tidbit, the SAME (butterfly format) ballot was used in the 1996 election and ended up screwing Bob Dole out of some 14000 votes. The Democrat officials of the county knew the problem existed, had 4 years to fix it but didn't give a shit because it didn't affect them.
Karma's a bitch ain't it?

Hmm, well did registered Democrat and Liberal county official Theresa LePore design it again?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresa_LePore

Here's a little known interesting tidbit, the SAME (butterfly format) ballot was used in the 1996 election and ended up screwing Bob Dole out of some 14000 votes. The Democrat officials of the county knew the problem existed, had 4 years to fix it but didn't give a shit because it didn't affect them.
Karma's a bitch ain't it?

Shore is. I think about that ballot quite a bit, and its ramifications. That ballot alone might have knocked decades off of our shelf life as a superpower, and it certainly killed a lot of people.

Back to the original post, I did read that there were 3 hour waits in some FL counties yesterday. McCain is toast.

Shore is. I think about that ballot quite a bit, and its ramifications. That ballot alone might have knocked decades off of our shelf life as a superpower, and it certainly killed a lot of people.
A lot of people say that to her, she even gets death threats over it: http://www.nndb.com/people/236/000059059/

I have mixed thoughts, the right was always a threat (politically) to Gore and Clinton at the time and I think he would have had to steer more to the right to avoid losing power. Just like Bush took Rove's strategy of steering to the left with education increase and pill bill to hold power as well.
Now we have Obama with carte blanche to implement a very radically left agenda of universal healthcare and whopping spending and tax increases everywhere.

I think Gore would have reluctantly gone in to Iraq, if you look at the breakdown in those Dems that voted for it, you had moderate Dems and those with possible future presidential aspirations who voted for it, while the more principled, regular and safe seat Dems voted against it. I think Gore would have thought it politically problematic in the 2004 election if he had not supported the war and the charges of WMD were still being bandied about.

" think Gore would have reluctantly gone in to Iraq, "

That's insanely stupid. I mean, insanely. No one would have been talking about Iraq in a Gore admin; that was a PNAC thing.

You speak as though the Iraq resolution would have even been drawn up under a Gore admin. It wouldn't have been, and we would not be in Iraq.

" think Gore would have reluctantly gone in to Iraq, "

That's insanely stupid. I mean, insanely. No one would have been talking about Iraq in a Gore admin; that was a PNAC thing.

You speak as though the Iraq resolution would have even been drawn up under a Gore admin. It wouldn't have been, and we would not be in Iraq.
I actually don't think it would have been drawn up by Gore at all, I mean the Repubs in Congress would have put forth the same thing Bush did and the pressure would have been on. Remember the public mood at the time, there was a desire for shall we say more retribution than Afghanistan gave for Sep 11. Gore had the 2004 election in mind as any president seeking reelection would and I'm sure would have wanted to help with the his own party's numbers in Congress for the 2002 election.

It's also important to note that prior to Sep 11, the party that was more interested in involving themselves in the world's hotspots was the Democrat party (Kosovo), I don't think Sep 11 under a Dem admin would have dimished that desire.

I have mixed thoughts, the right was always a threat (politically) to Gore and Clinton at the time and I think he would have had to steer more to the right to avoid losing power. Just like Bush took Rove's strategy of steering to the left with education increase and pill bill to hold power as well.
Now we have Obama with carte blanche to implement a very radically left agenda of universal healthcare and whopping spending and tax increases everywhere.

If Obama ran anywhere else in the world in he would be labeled an insane right winger. Obama's plan is a lot of things, but it is not "universal", and there aren't going to be any spending increase. The Democrats aren't going to get a filibuster proof majority in the senate, so their power is not going to increase any. And the Democrats aren't going to get the 40 or 50 seat swing in the house to govern without the conservative Democrats (and if the do get 50 seats probably half or more of those will be conservative Democrats). This is not exactly a carte blanche situation. Now, if I were in power, it would be, because I wouldn't give those fuckers the oppurtunity to dissent. But that's just me. The Democratic leadership is a bunch of vaginas.

i thought he was to leave and never come back per a bet with ib1?? im glad he came back though.
I don't think it was "never", but I don't know what their agreement was. I'm sure Ib1 could enlighten us, or even dano if he wanted. But it's between them, if there even was an agreement.

According to Dano, he left because he was getting too angry, it wasn't really fun anymore.

He also plans on leaving after the election is over. Which I think would be a shame. Every side should be represented, even the authoritarian-libertarian... (I don't even know how it would fit on the grid...)

Dano is a great poster, im sure he is probably voting for obama this election after the wasteful spending in Iraq and the bailout

Back