Idea: Only one family member in 3-4 generations should be allowed to hold office

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
The kennedys, the clintons, the bushes, the roosevelts... I think it's dangerous to establish "political families." The people are simpletons, and it can easily get to the point where ones name alone gets them elected, not the issues.

If you are a kennedy and run for something in massachusetts, congratulations, you've already won.

If one holds office, their siblings, cousins, children, grandchildren, and perhaps great grandchildren should not be allowed to hold any office higher than something on the very local level. It would be a small price to pay in order to not establish de facto ruling dynasties.

We already have too many inbreds in congress thanks to the Tea Party, if you have an exceptional family, then send them all to D.C.

Just look at all the mouth-foaming fringes screaming 'hitler', 'impeachment'... We need to flush those TeaTurds and get some more Clintons and Kennedys. I'd even take a Jed Bush over the extremists we've got now.

The kennedys, the clintons, the bushes, the roosevelts... I think it's dangerous to establish "political families." The people are simpletons, and it can easily get to the point where ones name alone gets them elected, not the issues.

If you are a kennedy and run for something in massachusetts, congratulations, you've already won.

If one holds office, their siblings, cousins, children, grandchildren, and perhaps great grandchildren should not be allowed to hold any office higher than something on the very local level. It would be a small price to pay in order to not establish de facto ruling dynasties.

Out of all the things government should control you pick this?

Ok, I see where you're coming from, but... No.

More of the sins of the father type of thing, we don't punish or uplift(at least we're not supposed to) a son or daughter for their parents. Its just the kind of thing that reeks of fighting a symptom rather than a cause, and it would just not work. We'd like to keep congressmen out of the pockets of large companies, but do you want to make a law that says that after leaving office a member of congress is no longer allowed to be employed?

I lump this in with the ideas of term limits. If the people won't make good decisions, then they should live with the government they elect.

No offense but this strikes me as an idea a liberal would come up with under the auspices of "the people need to be protected from themselves."

I agree though that I am tired of hearing about the alcoholic, druggie Kennedys

Why not? Y’all lefties think government should “control” everything and to hell with freedom, so why not another law since ya love laws so much?

“People who love laws and sausages should not see how they are made.” (Otto Von Bismark)

Rand Paul?
Jeb Bush?

some may not realize tha Pat Robertson who ran for President is the son of a senator.

Why not? Y’all lefties think government should “control” everything and to hell with freedom, so why not another law since ya love laws so much?

“People who love laws and sausages should not see how they are made.” (Otto Von Bismark)

Advocacy of large government is not exclusive to left wingers.

why is it the right is always thinking of ways to prevent the voter from having the choices?

anyfuckingone should be able to run and IF the people give them backing then they should win.

the republican party has a 30 year court documented history of cheating voters in elections to keep them from voting.

If you cant even cheat enough to win an election and dont like the peoples choices so much you keep trying to limit the peoples choices then maybe you people have a bigger choice to make?

YOU on the right HATE Democracy.

Hell you HATE democracy so much that the fact this country is s democracy wads your jock strapps everytime that FACT is forced into your faces.

You hate government, you hate democracy.

The choice is clear

Move the fuck out of the country and find one without a government and without a democracy where you can crown the CEOs king of your asses

why is it the right is always thinking of ways to prevent the voter from having the choices?

anyfuckingone should be able to run and IF the people give them backing then they should win.

the republican party has a 30 year court documented history of cheating voters in elections to keep them from voting.

If you cant even cheat enough to win an election and dont like the peoples choices so much you keep trying to limit the peoples choices then maybe you people have a bigger choice to make?

Hell you HATE democracy so much that the fact this country is s democracy wads your jock strapps everytime that FACT is forced into your faces.

The choice is clear

Move the fuck out of the country and find one without a government and without a democracy where you can crown the CEOs king of your asses

meds-1.jpg

blah blah blah worms have eaten holes in my brain I can't even have a basic discussion without freaking the fuck out about the right wing trying to HATE DEMOCRACY!!!11

The choice is clear

shut the fuck up idiot.

we already have restrictions

age restrictions
citizen restrictions
some convictions mean you can't hold public office
term limit restrictions

all of the above are done to help protect our democracy. the term limit restriction in particular is so that we don't end up with someone that falls into a de facto permanent leader.

There are an abundance of qualified people from both sides, limiting a very narrow number of people in order to possibly prevent political dynasties isn't "trying to wreck democracy"

What the fuck do you think the estate tax is about?

We already have too many inbreds in congress thanks to the Tea Party, if you have an exceptional family, then send them all to D.C.

Just look at all the mouth-foaming fringes screaming 'hitler', 'impeachment'... We need to flush those TeaTurds and get some more Clintons and Kennedys. I'd even take a Jed Bush over the extremists we've got now.
If you think there are too many inbreds in Congress you should visit michigan!!

Back