IDF Military Intelligence Chief MG Aharon Haliva, ‘Accepts Responsibility’

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Haliva wrote in his resignation letter that he was “accepting responsibility and ending my duties” but as Israeli journalist Amit Segal pointed out, he did not write “I failed.”

Instead, Haliva wrote, “The intelligence division under my command did not fulfill the mission.”

Within days after the invasion and massacre, Haliva reportedly said, “Already that morning I understood that it was over. After the war is over I will have to go.”

The military intelligence chief is the first to acknowledge his part in the failure of the Israel Defense Forces on October 7, 2023, to protect the civilians — and their own soldiers — living in communities and bases along the Gaza border. In addition, 253 people were abducted and dragged into Gaza captivity; 134 were freed in a temporary ceasefire and hostage deal with Hamas last November, but 133 others remain. Of those, Israeli intelligence has confirmed that at least 34 have been killed by their captors — but officials say others may have died as well.

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/ey...va-accepts-responsibility-retires/2024/04/22/

Back