IDF Remain to Secure Gaza, Palestinian Authority Cannot be Trusted There

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant and War Cabinet Minister Benny Gantz presented a united front Saturday night in a lengthy briefing with Israeli media, with all three reiterating that eradicating Hamas and rescuing the hostages are the government’s sole priorities until both goals are accomplished.

“I will not allow anyone who educates his children to destroy Israel to enter Gaza after the fighting. Without a revolution in the civil administration in Gaza it is a matter of time before Gaza returns to terrorism,” he said.

“I think the Palestinian Authority at this point in time is not able to take the responsibility for Gaza: after we have waged war and done everything that is taking place, we’ll hand it over to them?

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/is...authority-cannot-be-trusted-there/2023/11/18/

“Abu Mazen (PA leader Mahmoud Abbas) … 43 days after the worst massacre carried out against the Jews since the Holocaust, which he still refuses to acknowledge. His top ministers are celebrating what happened [on Oct. 7]. His Palestinian Authority pays murderers and their families; [and] you know very well how they educate their children.

“If there is no change in these things what then have we accomplished? And they [the PA] were there [in Gaza]. We saw what happened. They had Gaza. So what happened? They were slaughtered and thrown out within months, in less than a year if I am not mistaken, by Hamas.

Having a perpetual occupation of Gaza by the IDF would be a nightmare. Allowing the Hamas to regain control of Gaza would be a nightmare. Getting the PA to control Gaza would be almost impossible. There are no good options.

Back