If Barack Wins Virginia.

Robdawg

The current conventional wisdom is that Barack Obama has already won the presidency and John McCain should go back to one of his numerous houses to contemplate his many mistakes. Of course, a year ago, which seems more like a century now, the pundits were convinced that Rudy Giuliani would decisively defeat Hillary Clinton for the White House because he could say "9/11" more times per minute than she could. McCain was written off as road kill. The only problem was that the voters hadn't had their say yet. While voting has in fact started in some states, it won't be over until Nov. 4 at the earliest. This situation creates a problem for the press: how do you act like there is still a race going on when in your superior wisdom you know it is over. Still, no reporter has forgotten the Dewey Defeats Truman photo, even reporters who hadn't been born in 1948.
An interesting read, don't know what to make of it, maybe you can offer some opinion.

On a closely related topic, on election evening 2004, the battle went on for hours. In 2000, it went on for 36 days. That makes for great television. What happens if it is all over at 7 P.M. Eastern Time on election night? That is when the polls close in Virginia. If the Virginia exit polls, which are likely to be announced at 7:01 P.M., show a blowout for Obama, all the pundits will realize that the show is over, as there is no plausible way for McCain to get to 270 electoral votes without Virginia. Ditto North Carolina, where the polls close at 7:30 P.M. Are the anchors and experts all supposed to pretend they don't know what is going on? But if they call the election at 4:01 P.M. Pacific Time, millions of people won't bother to vote. Clearly they have a problem. If millions of people in the Midwest and West don't vote--especially people who were planning to vote for the loser, it could affect large numbers of downticket races.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Rob, news organizations don't start announcing winners until polls close on the West Coast for exactly the reason you stated.

Rob, news organizations don't start announcing winners until polls close on the West Coast for exactly the reason you stated.

don't they project winners of states? i mean if they project barack the winner of VA it really is all over. if he wins virginia, its pretty well known that he's going to hold onto all his other states (the NE and west coast)

don't they project winners of states? i mean if they project barack the winner of VA it really is all over. if he wins virginia, its pretty well known that he's going to hold onto all his other states (the NE and west coast)

Right. I'm sure they have to wait. I think it's law.

Well clearly if he wins Virginia it just means that, to be fair, God has commanded that California go to McCain. We all know that with all the praying Christians have done it's impossible for the Arab to win.

After the fiasco of the Florida elections in 2000, they do not start projecting "winners" of a state until AFTER ALL polls are closed in said state.

If Obama were to win all of the Kerry states plus Virginia and North Carolina he wins. He doesn't need Ohio. He doesn't need Florida. He'll win with those two states.

true, but in reality he already has Iowa locked up, so all he needs is Virginia on top of that and he wins.

That said, Obama will also pick up OH, CO, NV and has a shot to win FL, IN, MO and NC

true, but in reality he already has Iowa locked up, so all he needs is Virginia on top of that and he wins.

That said, Obama will also pick up OH, CO, NV and has a shot to win FL, IN, MO and NC

Yeah, Kerry states plus New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada does it too.

Hopefully, enough voters will get to the polls and offset the Republicon party's crooked voting machines.

This is going to be an ass-whipping... it will not be close (electorally anyway)

I think Obambi wins popular by 4-5%

Then Obama need to win by 8-10% because we know the machines are capable of changing 4-5%.

"When I touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved from his box to the box indicating a vote for John McCain," said Matheney, who lives in Kenna...."
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/200810170676

It's happening already.
Why do all reports of screwed up voting machines always change the vote to a Republicon?

Then Obama need to win by 8-10% because we know the machines are capable of changing 4-5%.

"When I touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved from his box to the box indicating a vote for John McCain," said Matheney, who lives in Kenna...."
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/200810170676

It's happening already.
Why do all reports of screwed up voting machines always change the vote to a Republicon?

1) Because Republicans are smart enough to use the machines and Democrats aren't?

2) Because the Dems are starting excuse making early this year?

1) Because Republicans are smart enough to use the machines and Democrats aren't?

2) Because the Dems are starting excuse making early this year?

*sigh*
The answer is.... Because your party isn't above cheating on a national level and subverting the democratic system of this country.

Country First your ass.

Back