‘If I must die, let it be a tale’: a tribute to Refaat Alareer | The Grayzone

Dutch Uncle

* Tertia Optio * Defend the Constitution
Russians are a corrupt culture and cowards for letting a demented dictator ruin their country. The Palestinian terrorists are worse. In the example below, it's good that Refaat is dead. Like Max, he was an apologist for terrorists and dictators. Let Max Blumenthal die too. Kill all terrorists and their supporters.

https://web.archive.org/web/2022030...tary.org/articles/bruce-bawer/useful-idiot19/
Useful Idiot
The curious case of Max Blumenthal

Blumenthal founded something called “The Grayzone Project,” which describes itself as “a news and politics website dedicated to original investigative journalism and analysis on war and empire.” Basically, however, Grayzone (thegrayzone.com) is a one-stop propaganda shop, devoted largely to pushing a pro-Assad line on Syria, a pro-regime line on Venezuela, a pro-Putin line on Russia, and a pro-Hamas line on Israel and Palestine. Earlier in his career, Blumenthal had considered Muslim theocracies preferable to secular autocracies and had treated criticism of sharia law and Islamic governments, however reasonable and fact-based that criticism might be, as proof of anti-Muslim hatred. Now, however, by way of propping up the Assad dictatorship, he did not hesitate to malign Assad’s Syrian opponents, many of whom were Christians, Jews, and secular Muslims, as fanatical jihadists or allies thereof.

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/12/07/tribute-refaat-alareer-teacher-murdered-israel/
‘If I must die, let it be a tale’: a tribute to Refaat Alareer
MAX BLUMENTHAL·DECEMBER 7, 2023

I read the article that bears the same name as this thread today, brought some tears to my eyes...
Full article:
‘If I must die, let it be a tale’: a tribute to Refaat Alareer | The Grayzone

88s2sf.jpg

More on Max Blumenthal: https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-...raine-invasion-and-chinas-xinjiang-repression
Meet the Sneakiest Defenders of Putin’s Invasion of Ukraine
Propaganda peddlers rake in cash and followers at the expense of the truth and oppressed people in Ukraine, Xinjiang, and Syria.

Misinformation is a profitable racket.....

...For those who know them, it’s no surprise that The Grayzone has taken to spreading pro-Russia propaganda. Edited by Max Blumenthal, the publication is infamous for its defenses of dictatorships and its denial of atrocities.

In addition to casting doubt on the reality of the Uyghur Muslims’ repression in Xinjiang, they published a piece on Nicaragua that cited a false confession extracted under torture. Strangely enough for a leftist, Blumenthal has associated with the far right before, having previously appeared on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show....

.. As of now The Grayzone’s Patreon is still up and has more than 800 donors. During a recent interview, Blumenthal denied The Grayzone receives any state funding through Russia or China saying, “Well, you can see we get a lot of support on Patreon, and anyone who supports us outside Patreon are like private friends of mine who are basically progressive Americans who support progressive media.”

More on Max Blumenthal: https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-...raine-invasion-and-chinas-xinjiang-repression
Meet the Sneakiest Defenders of Putin’s Invasion of Ukraine
Propaganda peddlers rake in cash and followers at the expense of the truth and oppressed people in Ukraine, Xinjiang, and Syria.

Misinformation is a profitable racket.....

...For those who know them, it’s no surprise that The Grayzone has taken to spreading pro-Russia propaganda. Edited by Max Blumenthal, the publication is infamous for its defenses of dictatorships and its denial of atrocities.

In addition to casting doubt on the reality of the Uyghur Muslims’ repression in Xinjiang, they published a piece on Nicaragua that cited a false confession extracted under torture. Strangely enough for a leftist, Blumenthal has associated with the far right before, having previously appeared on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show....

.. As of now The Grayzone’s Patreon is still up and has more than 800 donors. During a recent interview, Blumenthal denied The Grayzone receives any state funding through Russia or China saying, “Well, you can see we get a lot of support on Patreon, and anyone who supports us outside Patreon are like private friends of mine who are basically progressive Americans who support progressive media.”

max blumenthal isn't a brainwashed liar like you, dumbass.

Guno צְבִי;5881966 said:
In the immediate aftermath of the 2023 Hamas-led attack on Israel, he described the attack as "legitimate and moral"
I hadn't known that, but it doesn't take away from other things that he's done, such as teach Palestinians that not all jews are as cruel as the Israeli government.

Wrong again, sweet cheeks. That's like saying "the mass murder of Jews doesn't take away from other things Hamas has done". Yes, dear, murder and advocating murder does take way from any good they've done.

That they do. All we can do is try to light the candles that we can and try to get through them.

While I agree with the philosophy, that's not what people like you and people like Max Blumenthal are doing. You're advocating snuffing out candles.

Back