If IQ attacks us again

Damo in 4 years after he's helped elect McCain:

OH NOEZER?! HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN?! HE SEEMED LIKE SUCH A NICE GUY?!

It is easy to tell. First, look at your ballot. Then take note of the "R" behind their name. The scratch any other name on the ballot.

I mean if we get smart enough to first realilze how screwed America is ?

What then ?

That depends on who is controlling government.

If the Democrats are and AQ attacks, they will hunt them down and kill them.

If the Republicans are and AQ attacks, we'll probably invade Venezuela.

That depends on who is controlling government.

If the Democrats are and AQ attacks, they will hunt them down and kill them.

If the Republicans are and AQ attacks, we'll probably invade Venezuela.
The intent of this thread went right over your head, didn't it? LOL

I mean if we get smart enough to first realilze how screwed America is ?

What then ?
I would say it is like alcoholism. The first step is admitting there is a problem. We have yet to do that.

Oh, we are aware of the financial crisis, and the fiasco in Iraq, etc. But like alcoholics, we are too busy blaming other things for the symptoms we face.

But if we DO get smart enough to realize how screwed things are, THEN we can start fixing it.

No need for a third party vote on this one
But you said vote out the party responsible.

Do you deny that both parties are responsible?

Of course you do.

Which is part of the problem that will take getting off the alcoholism of partisan politics to recognize before we can start to fix things.

But you said vote out the party responsible.

Do you deny that both parties are responsible?

Of course you do.

Which is part of the problem that will take getting off the alcoholism of partisan politics to recognize before we can start to fix things.

Let me tell you I know all about denial and her statement makes denialists proud.

The intent of this thread went right over your head, didn't it? LOL

No I got it. I was being sarcastic. Maybe I would have been clearer if I had added "And if the libertarians were in charge, we'd have Ron Paul debate them."

Damo is saying nothing new. It's always been that way. H.L. Menken said best when he said "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." and George Carlin wasn't to far off when he said "If you keep in mind that the average American voter is dumber than shit then by definition half of America is dumber than him!"

No I got it. I was being sarcastic. Maybe I would have been clearer if I had added "And if the libertarians were in charge, we'd have Ron Paul debate them."

Damo is saying nothing new. It's always been that way. H.L. Menken said best when he said "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." and George Carlin wasn't to far off when he said "If you keep in mind that the average American voter is dumber than shit then by definition half of America is dumber than him!"
The premise is what happens if people finally figure out what has been going on the last 8+ decades. Has nothing to do with how we'd react to another literal attack. But rather what would happen if we had an attack of intelligence and knowledge. (ie: IQ not AQ)

If that were to happen it does not matter "which party is in charge" at the time since the first thing people would do is throw both fucking parties in the Marianas Trench and start over.

I think we are desperately in need of a third party.

The two we have now have spent decades arguing trivial nonsense, ignoring the needs of the nation, lining their pockets with the spoils, and carefully stayed away from meaningful legislation.

Both parties are responsible for the mess we find ourselves in.

And we, as voters, share in that blame.

Yea yea yea, Franks, Dobbs,(and probably Clinton) and numerous other Democrats, Bush (and I haven't heard any other specific names for republicans) are responsible for this shit, but, bottom line, the American people are not going to vote in a third party. Look, for the most part, my views are ,for the most part, Libertarian, but it just ain't going to happen.

Yea yea yea, Franks, Dobbs,(and probably Clinton) and numerous other Democrats, Bush (and I haven't heard any other specific names for republicans) are responsible for this shit, but, bottom line, the American people are not going to vote in a third party. Look, for the most part, my views are ,for the most part, Libertarian, but it just ain't going to happen.

It isn't going to happen because of the constant propaganda about it being a wasted vote.

Check the polls concerning approval ratings of the president and congress. They are somewhere below used lawyers and used car salesmen in this dept.

We have had scandal after scandal. Been promised the moon and screwed like a $2 whore every time by both parties.

Do you actually believe that either party has our best interests at heart?

Absolutely not. However, there are too many people that have given up, don't care, are not interested, do not know, or are too fucking stupid, to make a stand. I have friends, relatives, associates, whatever, that are Democratic, Independence, and Republican that feel the same way that you do, but it's just not enough.

It isn't going to happen because of the constant propaganda about it being a wasted vote.

Check the polls concerning approval ratings of the president and congress. They are somewhere below used lawyers and used car salesmen in this dept.

We have had scandal after scandal. Been promised the moon and screwed like a $2 whore every time by both parties.

It is not propoganda Solitary. The wasted vote effect is a very well known flaw in our voting system. The only way America will ever see a third party is if we adopt proportional representation. But the average American doesn't have the attention span to even begin to understand that.

It is not propoganda Solitary. The wasted vote effect is a very well known flaw in our voting system. The only way America will ever see a third party is if we adopt proportional representation. But the average American doesn't have the attention span to even begin to understand that.

In 1992 Ross Perot got 18.2% of the popular vote. That is a significant chunk of the vote.

And while he didn't win any electoral vote, he shook up the system.

Its not a wasted vote. The 18% of the voters who cast their lot for Perot got a serious message across.

It may not happen this election. But the only reason it doesn't it because people believe the two big parties when they say it can't be done.

It may be the only thing most people believe from them, but they certainly do believe it.

Former Democratic Governor of Alabama George Wallace ran on the American Independent Party line. Wallace received 9,901,118 votes for 13.5% of the popular vote, receiving 45 electoral votes in the South and many votes in the North. Wallace remains the only third party candidate since 1948 to win a state.

Back