If McCain gets the nomination, I'm voting for Hilary.

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
I will vote for the democrat JUST to spite mccain and the republican party. that's how much i hate mccain for the record . .

I still don't get the Republican hate for McCain. The guy is a pretty staunch conservative on many issues.

Was it the 'gang of 14' thing?

For me personally..

Gang of 14, His stance on immigration, McCain-Feingold, the fact that he could have been on the kerry campaign as vp, the fact that he's endorsed by the boston globe, new york times, joe lieberman, and pretty much every other democrat favors him, it's pretty clear he is no conservative.

And his stance on the war but that's just me. Many cons don't fault him for that

I still don't get the Republican hate for McCain. The guy is a pretty staunch conservative on many issues.

Was it the 'gang of 14' thing?

There are several issues with McCain I think the right has.

First is the campaign finance. That really sticks out.

He is liked for his dedication to fighting earmarks but his record on taxes does not please the libertarian Republicans.

His stance on immigration more recently.

The gang of 14 probably didn't help him either.

And I'm sure the media and a good number of Democrats falling for him in 2000 didn't endear him to conservatives.

The fact that he is seen with Ted Kennedy and John Kerry also doesn't help his cause.

Well, he never said anything about being Kerry's VP, and he can't do much on the endorsements.

What I find kind of funny is that the "conservative" choice of the viable candidates remaining is Romney. This is a guy who has flipped on just about every issue, and was basically a liberal in Massachusetts for years. I don't see how he has any conservative cred over McCain.

can you please just go one day without being stupid? Just accept the fact that some people don't agree with you, and dislike certain politicians.

LOL... so true. How does saying "they are married to their hate" explain actually what the issues are some on the right have with McCain?

What's wrong w/ campaign finance, too? As far as I'm concerned, it didn't go far enough. Money rules our political system, more than ever....

If its McCain vs Clinton, I've decided I'm voting for Cynthia "Superstar" McKinney without pause.

If its McCain vs Clinton, I've decided I'm voting for Cynthia "Superstar" McKinney without pause.

That's a good idea. I am thinking of not voting. I am really torn on this whole thing. She is still somewhat less likely to take us to war again, than the known war monger John McCain…but I’m so tired. It’s just disgusting at this point. What kind of choice is that?

Back