If Roger Clinton ran for president.

Jarod

Contributor
How many liberals would join me in saying he was unqualified?

Why did the Republicans not do the same Re George Bush Jr. ?

Perhaps because Bush was governor of one of the largest states in the Union and thus did have a modicum of executive experience?

Granted, things haven't turned out as well as one would hope, but to compare Roger Clinton's experience to Bush's experience is, well, like comparing apples to pickup trucks.

Perhaps because Bush was governor of one of the largest states in the Union and thus did have a modicum of executive experience?

Granted, things haven't turned out as well as one would hope, but to compare Roger Clinton's experience to Bush's experience is, well, like comparing apples to pickup trucks.

Bush was governor of the state with the weakest exucitive in the nation. Bush did absolutly 0 as Gov. of Texas, and I do not belive it is a stretch to compare them.

Bush's daily agenda as governor included a nap & a game of Nintendo.

He drank his way through one business failure after another for 20 years prior to that demanding job. If this guy's last name isn't "Bush," he doesn't even get to the White House for a tour. He doesn't even get elected to the Town Council in Crawford.

Bush was governor of the state with the weakest exucitive in the nation. Bush did absolutly 0 as Gov. of Texas, and I do not belive it is a stretch to compare them.
It is definitely a stretch. It is weak. There were quite a few that did speak to his "experience level" back then, but reality is that he was a Governor, Roger is just another schmuck.

It is definitely a stretch. It is weak. There were quite a few that did speak to his "experience level" back then, but reality is that he was a Governor, Roger is just another schmuck.

So the fact that, nintendo and nap, Bush was a governor makes the difference to you?

Just another schmuck! Now that is a winning campaign slogan if I ever heard one. That’s what the Republicans have really been telling us for 8 years “vote for us, Kerry is an elitist windsurfer, and bush is just another schmuck!” And really, I think it’s even catchier than Just Folks.

Just another schmuck! Now that is a winning campaign slogan if I ever heard one. That’s what the Republicans have really been telling us for 8 years “vote for us, Kerry is an elitist windsurfer, and bush is just another schmuck!” And really, I think it’s even catchier than Just Folks.

Good call, if this presidental thing does not work for Bills wife, I may write to him and suggest he look to his brother.

Okay if you want political experience lets substitute Marion Barry for Roger Clinton. If MB ran how many Democrats would have joined me in saying he was not fit to be president?

Why did the Republicans not do the same with Bush?

So the fact that, nintendo and nap, Bush was a governor makes the difference to you?
The fact that he ran for office and was elected, yes, matters when considering this kind of thing.

Also the fact that there were many, especially during the Primary, that spoke about his experience level as a negative.

Okay then take out Roger Clinton and add in Marion Barry. He ran for office and was elected twice!
Yup. And if he was running it wouldn't be his experience level, other than "mayor to president" as there was for Rudy, it would be about his drug use.

The reality is that people did speak against him, from his own party, when selecting the nominee.

That you reject this piece of memory doesn't change that it happened. However, comparing Roger to Bush was silly.

The fact that he ran for office and was elected, yes, matters when considering this kind of thing.

Also the fact that there were many, especially during the Primary, that spoke about his experience level as a negative.

I remember Hannity talking about that. I remember he supported McCain, and was telling his listeners that they shouldn't vote for someone like Bush.

My, how times have changed. Bush has been a God for him ever since he got the nomination.

Zero? Really?

He was successful sponsoring legislation for tort reform, reformed the criminal justice system, increased education funding, and set higher standards for schools. He used a budget surplus to push through a $2 billion tax-cut plan, the largest in Texas history.

He garnered 69% of the vote when he won re-election, the first Texas governor to win a consecutive term since before 1975. Somebody thought he was doing a good job. Must have been all the stupid rednecks.

I remember Hannity talking about that. I remember he supported McCain, and was telling his listeners that they shouldn't vote for someone like Bush.

My, how times have changed. Bush has been a God for him ever since he got the nomination.

Hannity is a twit. He's fawning all over McCain these days after spending months slamming him and kissing Rudy's ass.

Okay then take out Roger Clinton and add in Marion Barry. He ran for office and was elected twice!

Confirmed, publicized druggie and seeker of prostitutes. It is still different I think. I realize that a lot of money was spent to make Bush in to the public figure he was by 2000 but he was never crossways with law enforcement along the way. Rumors of drug use are a lot different that a stings video.

Yup. And if he was running it wouldn't be his experience level, other than "mayor to president" as there was for Rudy, it would be about his drug use.

The reality is that people did speak against him, from his own party, when selecting the nominee.

That you reject this piece of memory doesn't change that it happened. However, comparing Roger to Bush was silly.

Bush has all but admited to cocaine use.

Confirmed, publicized druggie and seeker of prostitutes. It is still different I think. I realize that a lot of money was spent to make Bush in to the public figure he was by 2000 but he was never crossways with law enforcement along the way. Rumors of drug use are a lot different that a stings video.

Sure Bush was crossways with law enforcement, how many DUI convictions did he have?

Sure Bush was crossways with law enforcement, how many DUI convictions did he have?
One. But it was long before he was Governor. And again, that didn't stop people from speaking against Bush because of experience level when he was running for the nomination.

See the difference?

Back