Ijits In Congress

Annie

Not So Junior Member
are not of one party. Not The Weasel on one child with cancer; not this dumbsh*t Rep jerk:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media...nn-host-youre-beautiful-but-174219.html?hp=r2

GOP rep. to CNN host: 'You're beautiful, but'

Republican Rep. Todd Rokita told CNN's Carol Costello Thursday morning that she and the media are part of Washington's problems -- despite the fact that she's "beautiful."

In an exchange over the Republican opposition to the Affordable Care Act, Costello told Rokita the American people would prefer Congress to fight over the health care law outside the federal budget, to which the Indiana Republican said "Carol, we seem to be going around in circles."

"Right, we're going in circles... that's what you guys are doing,” Costello said.

“No you’re part of the problem. The media is part of the problem as well," Rokita said.

“Oh come on, that’s so easy," Costello said.

“Carol, you’re beautiful but you have to be honest as well," Rokita said, at which points Costello ended the interview with an "OK, I think we should leave it here."

Earlier in their interview Rokita told Costello she looked "much too young" to have grandchildren, but that Republicans were fighting to repeal Obamacare for the benefit of future generations.

“I don’t know if you have children yet, I’m sure you don’t have grandchildren you look much too young," Rokita said, at which point a more agreeable sounding Costello said "thank you." "But we’re fighting for them. Every child born today has $60,000 in debt assigned to them, assignment of public debt."

UPDATE (1:40 p.m.): Rep. Rokita's office sends the following statement on behalf of the congressman:

At the end of a spirited and very important debate, I was simply keeping it from unnecessarily ending in an unfriendly or contentious way. I intended no offense to Ms. Costello. :whoa:

Back