I’m a Rabbi. Here’s Why I Went to a Murdered Palestinian Boy’s Funeral.

Guno צְבִי

Am Yisrael Chai
After a week of unimaginable pain in the Jewish community, I never expected I’d be driving to a large Palestinian community in the Chicago suburbs.

Yet on Monday afternoon, my colleague Rabbi Ari Hart and I found ourselves on an hour-long drive from Skokie, a deeply Jewish enclave north of Chicago, to a mosque in Bridgeview, Illinois, also known as “Little Palestine.”

We came to offer comfort to the father of Wadea al-Fayoume, a Muslim, Palestinian-American boy murdered on Sunday. Police say he was targeted by his family’s landlord because of his faith and identity, in response to the conflict in Israel. His mother, Hanaan Shahin, was also repeatedly stabbed and is hospitalized.

I was quite nervous about how the community would feel about our presence—it’s not often that two Orthodox Jewish, Zionist rabbis walk into a Palestinian-American mosque. But the leaders of the mosque and the Muslim community welcomed us warmly.

Our divergent backgrounds or views on the conflict didn’t matter in this moment. We mentioned the fundamental belief that is central to both Islam and Judaism: that whoever murders a human, destroys an entire world (Mishnah Sanhedrin 4:5, Quran 5:32). In the words of Rabbi Hart, “The murder of a 6-year-old because of his faith and his identity is not complicated. It is a heinous crime.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m-rabbi-why-went-murdered-084259651.html

...I was quite nervous about how the community would feel about our presence—it’s not often that two Orthodox Jewish, Zionist rabbis walk into a Palestinian-American mosque. But the leaders of the mosque and the Muslim community welcomed us warmly.

Our divergent backgrounds or views on the conflict didn’t matter in this moment. We mentioned the fundamental belief that is central to both Islam and Judaism: that whoever murders a human, destroys an entire world (Mishnah Sanhedrin 4:5, Quran 5:32). In the words of Rabbi Hart, “The murder of a 6-year-old because of his faith and his identity is not complicated. It is a heinous crime.”

It's good to read about some people actually living up to the precepts of their religion unlike Rashida Tlaib in passing lies about the hospital accident.

After a week of unimaginable pain in the Jewish community, I never expected I’d be driving to a large Palestinian community in the Chicago suburbs.

Yet on Monday afternoon, my colleague Rabbi Ari Hart and I found ourselves on an hour-long drive from Skokie, a deeply Jewish enclave north of Chicago, to a mosque in Bridgeview, Illinois, also known as “Little Palestine.”

We came to offer comfort to the father of Wadea al-Fayoume, a Muslim, Palestinian-American boy murdered on Sunday. Police say he was targeted by his family’s landlord because of his faith and identity, in response to the conflict in Israel. His mother, Hanaan Shahin, was also repeatedly stabbed and is hospitalized.

I was quite nervous about how the community would feel about our presence—it’s not often that two Orthodox Jewish, Zionist rabbis walk into a Palestinian-American mosque. But the leaders of the mosque and the Muslim community welcomed us warmly.

There's enough in this blurb to tell me that it is not genuine. I don't think this happened, at least not as described. I'm calling boooolsch't.

There's enough in this blurb to tell me that it is not genuine. I don't think this happened, at least not as described. I'm calling boooolsch't.
Of course you are, Sybil. You're full of bullshit so it's easy to see why you have plenty to spread around.

No one believes anything you jews say.

Back