Im writing a book. Can you help me?

thethinkertank

Verified User
I need
Ideas, opinions also
publishing help.

The book's on random innovative ideas like the origins of the mona lisa to the US china trade deficit solution to global warming etc etc

Who wants to join my book writing team?

I need
Ideas, opinions also
publishing help.

The book's on random innovative ideas like the origins of the mona lisa to the US china trade deficit solution to global warming etc etc

I’d start with a fictional biography of her being the bastard daughter of a Medici Pope and was brought up to be a courtesan and was Divinci’s patrons courtesan and the two became secret lovers.

yes......the page numbers should be consecutive.......

One of my mentors was an environmental attorney and I learned more about writing from him in terms of editing, structure, staying on point and understanding your audience and writing for them, than from anyone. It was tough love learning from the cantankerous bastard though.

He also taught me how to deal with the editing and peer review process. That is to be open minded to better ideas or when you are wrong or haven’t flushed out the details but most importantly how to defend your ideas.

The hardest part though was admitting he was right on technical and scientific issues that he was pretty clueless about. Being right doesn’t mean shit if no one wants to read what you wrote.

Last edited:
I need
Ideas, opinions also
publishing help.

To thethinkertank: I will assume you have the latest editions of Writer’s Guide to Book Editors, Publishers’, and Literary Agents and Writer’s Market Where & How to Sell What You Write and/or Writer’s Market The Electronic Edition. It took me a while to find my copies that were published 20 years ago.

Pay particular attention to your ‘COVER LETTER”. That is the best help I can give you.

NOTE: Be especially wary of paying a hustler thousand of dollars to “EDITOR” your book. Ditto —— beware of online agents who ask for money up-front. Agents are supposed to make money for you, not take money from you.

I wrote a couple of novels and a novella way back when. No luck in getting them published.

I did post my novella on a message board. A few thousand people read it over the years. I have not checked the total number in ten years. I doubt if anybody can find it now.

If I live long enough I might collate all the political topics I posted on message boards in 20 years and turn them into a non-fiction book. My problem is that trying to get it published seems like a waste of time at this late date.

A few friends who read and enjoyed my literary efforts suggested I self-publish. I looked into it but decided it was not for me.

To thethinkertank:
Not I.

To thethinkertank: I will assume you have the latest editions of Writer’s Guide to Book Editors, Publishers’, and Literary Agents and Writer’s Market Where & How to Sell What You Write and/or Writer’s Market The Electronic Edition. It took me a while to find my copies that were published 20 years ago.

Pay particular attention to your ‘COVER LETTER”. That is the best help I can give you.

NOTE: Be especially wary of paying a hustler thousand of dollars to “EDITOR” your book. Ditto —— beware of online agents who ask for money up-front. Agents are supposed to make money for you, not take money from you.

I wrote a couple of novels and a novella way back when. No luck in getting them published.

I did post my novella on a message board. A few thousand people read it over the years. I have not checked the total number in ten years. I doubt if anybody can find it now.

If I live long enough I might collate all the political topics I posted on message boards in 20 years and turn them into a non-fiction book. My problem is that trying to get it published seems like a waste of time at this late date.

A few friends who read and enjoyed my literary efforts suggested I self-publish. I looked into it but decided it was not for me.

To thethinkertank:
Not I.

Ned I think given the examples of your postings you’d have nearly a consensus of the entire JPP membership that it would be a waste of time trying to get your writing published.

you’d have nearly a consensus of the entire JPP membership that it would be a waste of time trying to get your writing published.

To Matt the Hoople: The majority of members on most message boards are Democrats. They all have one thing in common —— attack the messenger because they cannot attack the message.

I do not, nor did I ever, write messages for Democrats. If I ever do get my opinions published in a book liberals could not respond à la message boards. Demonstrating to have my book banned in Boston is their only recourse. I look forward to seeing you carrying a sign in Boston.

Back