in the spirit of the season

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
i am accepting candidates for the flatulating butthead of the year

please post your nomination here and i will put together a poll

by the way, how many of you are ready to rip out the musac systems by the end of the season for their overabundance of carols!

have fun

Well, dang! I was wondering where you got to!

i hide out during the holidays - actually i got sick (physically) and depressed due to the resultant problems with my blood sugar

i slept about 12 hours today - but i am getting better

happy holidays to you and yours - celebrate all holidays

also, love, joy, health and happiness to you and yours :)

People are forced to feel festive and such during the holiday season. It is actually a time of depression for many that miss spouses and such that have passed on. Spouses or parents in Iraq instead of home with their families, etc.

I will have a crabby assed Xmas if I want to !

jk of course.
But I do resent the pressure to be happy and festive based on a calendar event.

People are forced to feel festive and such during the holiday season. It is actually a time of depression for many that miss spouses and such that have passed on. Spouses or parents in Iraq instead of home with their families, etc.

jk of course.

:clink:

i still miss my brother - my mother and i stopped celebrating when he was killed

but now, our kids and grandkids get to celebrate christmas and chanuakh

my wife insists and does not let me mope - there is something to being married:)

:clink:

i still miss my brother - my mother and i stopped celebrating when he was killed

but now, our kids and grandkids get to celebrate christmas and chanuakh

my wife insists and does not let me mope - there is something to being married:)

Indeed there is somethiung to being married.

My wife, delightful though she is, is a total grinch at xmas. It has to do with losing an ugly custody battle between thanksgiving and xmas in 2000. Took the fun out of the season for her.

My Mom was the organizer and central person during my family's holiday season. But Mom died in 1997, my kids grew up, and the season seems a little more drab every year.

I'm not a total "bah humbug" sort, but it doesn't do much for me anymore.

Indeed there is somethiung to being married.

My wife, delightful though she is, is a total grinch at xmas. It has to do with losing an ugly custody battle between thanksgiving and xmas in 2000. Took the fun out of the season for her.

My Mom was the organizer and central person during my family's holiday season. But Mom died in 1997, my kids grew up, and the season seems a little more drab every year.

I'm not a total "bah humbug" sort, but it doesn't do much for me anymore.
My wife used to be, then I took over the shopping and the cooking. It worked fine. I love to buy stuff for other people and to cook. It makes us both happy.

jk of course.

I still love Christmas, I don't know why. But I can forsee the day that the holidays would be a depressing time for me. And that's definitely got a lot to do with the people you lose along the way. This Christmas, my absolutely favorite aunt, will not be there. She never had kids and she slept over our house ever xmas eve since my memory goes back to. She used to stay up putting the toys together with my mom and dad. And she'd play with us all Christmas morning while my mom cooked and my dad napped. Anyway, she was with us last Christmas, but she died during the year. You just keep losing people along the way, and I can totally see how some people just hate the holidays. I feel sorry for them, while at the same time knowing that I could so be one of them some day, it's totally in me.

I still love Christmas, I don't know why. But I can forsee the day that the holidays would be a depressing time for me. And that's definitely got a lot to do with the people you lose along the way. This Christmas, my absolutely favorite aunt, will not be there. She never had kids and she slept over our house ever xmas eve since my memory goes back to. She used to stay up putting the toys together with my mom and dad. And she'd play with us all Christmas morning while my mom cooked and my dad napped. Anyway, she was with us last Christmas, but she died during the year. You just keep losing people along the way, and I can totally see how some people just hate the holidays. I feel sorry for them, while at the same time knowing that I could so be one of them some day, it's totally in me.

Same feeling here with my Father in Law being gone. I didnt get as many years with him as you got wiht your aunt but its going to be a subdued Christmas for us.

Remember they would want to see you carrying on all the spirit they had. My Father in Law will have to have a couple of "Chicken soup salutes" from my entire family this year. He loved a good glass of Chevas Regal and he called it Chicken Soup. It was from one of our families favorite stories he would tell about a Puerto Rican friend he met who ran the Best auto shop on the island when the family was stationed there. Raul and him were very fast freinds from the first day they met. Man did I love that man.

He would never want us to hate the season but would definately want us to spread the joy with each other.

Back