"Incandescently stupid": Former DHS official says he had to "dumb" down classified

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
"Incandescently stupid": Former DHS official says he had to "dumb" down classified

memos for Trump

Miles Taylor, who served as chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security under Donald Trump, shared how he often had to oversimply national security reports for the former president.

"This fifty-page memo that we would normally give to any other president about what his options are is something Trump literally can't read. The man doesn't read. We've gotta boil this down into a one-pager in his voice," Taylor told podcast host Brett Meiselas on Tuesday. "And so I had to write this incandescently stupid memo called something like, 'Afghanistan, How to Put America First and Win.' And then bullet by bullet, I summed up this highly classified memo into Trump's sort of bombastic language because it was the only way he was gonna understand," Taylor added. "I mean, I literally said in there, 'You know, if we leave Afghanistan too fast, the terrorists will call us losers. But if we wanna be seen as winners, we need to make sure the Afghan forces have the strength to push back against these criminals.' I mean, it was that dumb and that's how you had to talk to him."

https://news.yahoo.com/incandescently-stupid-former-dhs-official-145845005.html

So? Trump wanted the executive brief rather than the full blown report. What's unusual about that? I guess other presidents just took the full report and circular filed it instead...

memos for Trump

Miles Taylor, who served as chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security under Donald Trump, shared how he often had to oversimply national security reports for the former president.

"This fifty-page memo that we would normally give to any other president about what his options are is something Trump literally can't read. The man doesn't read. We've gotta boil this down into a one-pager in his voice," Taylor told podcast host Brett Meiselas on Tuesday. "And so I had to write this incandescently stupid memo called something like, 'Afghanistan, How to Put America First and Win.' And then bullet by bullet, I summed up this highly classified memo into Trump's sort of bombastic language because it was the only way he was gonna understand," Taylor added. "I mean, I literally said in there, 'You know, if we leave Afghanistan too fast, the terrorists will call us losers. But if we wanna be seen as winners, we need to make sure the Afghan forces have the strength to push back against these criminals.' I mean, it was that dumb and that's how you had to talk to him."

Donnie was never very bright. "Dumbing down" is a regular thing for him.

True, and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. But what's that say about how much more stupid the Left has to be not to get that?
So? Trump wanted the executive brief rather than the full blown report. What's unusual about that? I guess other presidents just took the full report and circular filed it instead...
Your defense of Trump, even tacitly, is noted. LOL

True, and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. But what's that say about how much more stupid the Left has to be not to get that?

What is your point? The prick was president and totally unqualified by mental and psychological problems. You just do the rightwing deflection and attack the left.

Your defense of Trump, even tacitly, is noted. LOL

It isn't a "defense of Trump," you retard, it's a statement of fact that many competent executives want the executive brief. They recognize they don't know or understand every nuisance of what's in the report. They need brief conclusions and overall understanding in a general sense. That way they can make reasonably informed decisions rather than get bogged down in the weeds of detail.

It isn't a "defense of Trump," you retard, it's a statement of fact that many competent executives want the executive brief. They recognize they don't know or understand every nuisance of what's in the report. They need brief conclusions and overall understanding in a general sense. That way they can make reasonably informed decisions rather than get bogged down in the weeds of detail.
The fact you get so upset when it's pointed out you're a Trumper is amusing, Terry. Sure, you hate Liberals more than you love Trumpers, but the evidence of your own posts proves you support Trumpism despite your disclaimers.

What is your point? The prick was president and totally unqualified by mental and psychological problems. You just do the rightwing deflection and attack the left.

Yes, Biden is. If I were an executive and was handed say, a 50 to 100 page briefing on something, I'd want the executive brief of one or two pages too. If I need more detail, I can ask. Reading some massive equivalent of a master's thesis is not something I want to do 20 or 30 times a day. It's far too much information. Top executives should be making strategic and broad decisions on policy and direction. It's for subordinates to get into the details.

It's utterly asinine for a top executive to be micromanaging their subordinates. I have read that's what Biden often does. He's an idiot. You are an idiot.

The fact you get so upset when it's pointed out you're a Trumper is amusing, Terry. Sure, you hate Liberals more than you love Trumpers, but the evidence of your own posts proves you support Trumpism despite your disclaimers.

You are so obstinately retarded and myopic that you can't figure out how fucking stupid you actually sound.

If Trump doesn't read then why bother giving him a report at all?

He's not going to read it.

Here is the quote from this idiot.

"This fifty-page memo that we would normally give to any other president about what his options are is something Trump literally can't read.

This is your solution, not to give a sitting President a security report? :palm:

No that is what this idiot said.

He said Trump literally couldn't read yet he still sent him a report that he had to dumb down so Trump could read it even though he said Trump couldn't read it.

This guy is lying out of his ass or is a complete idiot.

No that is what this idiot said.

He said Trump literally couldn't read yet he still sent him a report that he had to dumb down so Trump could read it even though he said Trump couldn't read it.

This guy is lying out of his ass or is a complete idiot.
It appears that Trump is the idiot and the guy isn’t lying because other staff members have also remarked how stupid Trump is.

memos for Trump

Bwahahaha! I can hardly wait to see the Trumpanzees trip over each other to call this "fake news" and try to defend the ex-Moron-in-Chief.

Back