Incredible mountain biking

tinfoil

Banned

Holy fuck! He beat everyone by 12 seconds. That's unreal. Usually a second or two is considered crushing the field. I've raced in slick mud like that and super steeps maybe even worse than the video up at plattekill. It's insanely hard not to crash. This dude made it look so easy it does a disservice to the sport. That kind of riding makes your adrenaline rush so much so you shake with spasms of energy. There's nothing else in the world I've ever done that comes close to replicating the feeling of dangerously fast downhill riding. Doesn't matter if you're alone or at a race, the adrenaline is the same when you push the limits of safety.

I miss riding, but no big hills here in Ohio worth driving to ride at. I'm stuck riding the chopper bike in the city which kinda more fun but less adrenaline. Downhill is scary and you are constantly forcing yourself to do things you don't really want to do but you have to make it happen. Jumping down drop-offs is not really fun. It's the adrenaline after you make it that's the fun part.

And he styled the jumps at the end.

I've ridden with some really good riders at bmx parks and you really have a hard time believing what they can do on the bike. Sometimes it looks like it defies physics. I'm not a bad rider, but I've never mastered jumping bmx style tracks. I'm a natural terrain type rider. On the track it's all top end skill or nothing. You can't fake it like downhill using gravity. I've seen guys jump a mountain bike over a hundred feet in length. I've seen guys do back flips and 360 spins over a 40 foot gap between 10 foot mounds of dirt. I tried to jump a 15 foot gap between 6 foot mounds and ruined my shoulder for life when I came up short. I had to shift the car with my left hand to drive home that day. LOL

I've ridden with some really good riders at bmx parks and you really have a hard time believing what they can do on the bike. Sometimes it looks like it defies physics. I'm not a bad rider, but I've never mastered jumping bmx style tracks. I'm a natural terrain type rider. On the track it's all top end skill or nothing. You can't fake it like downhill using gravity. I've seen guys jump a mountain bike over a hundred feet in length. I've seen guys do back flips and 360 spins over a 40 foot gap between 10 foot mounds of dirt. I tried to jump a 15 foot gap between 6 foot mounds and ruined my shoulder for life when I came up short. I had to shift the car with my left hand to drive home that day. LOL

That is definitely a young mans sport.

Someone finally made a video of the drop off at plattekill known as "Broken tooth". I never liked it, but I was forced to ride it several times because it was part of the race course. It's scary as hell to launch yourself off it because it's totally blind as you come from a steep incline across a ski trail/road and jump off the side of the road.

Here's me jumping down it when it was first created back in 2001
fark_TYkHiH3_0FqTmhzdeLiiMEdtefg.jpg

Holy fuck! He beat everyone by 12 seconds. That's unreal. Usually a second or two is considered crushing the field. I've raced in slick mud like that and super steeps maybe even worse than the video up at plattekill. It's insanely hard not to crash. This dude made it look so easy it does a disservice to the sport. That kind of riding makes your adrenaline rush so much so you shake with spasms of energy. There's nothing else in the world I've ever done that comes close to replicating the feeling of dangerously fast downhill riding. Doesn't matter if you're alone or at a race, the adrenaline is the same when you push the limits of safety.

I miss riding, but no big hills here in Ohio worth driving to ride at. I'm stuck riding the chopper bike in the city which kinda more fun but less adrenaline. Downhill is scary and you are constantly forcing yourself to do things you don't really want to do but you have to make it happen. Jumping down drop-offs is not really fun. It's the adrenaline after you make it that's the fun part.

My part of Ohio is so flat,a smashed pop can is a hill!

You need to head down to Logan county in the Hocking Hills area or down to Chillicothe and Hills of Ohio region or just anywhere southeast of Lancaster, Ohio and you'll find plenty of hills. They may not be mountains but they usually have very steep grades. That's only about an hour drive from where you reside.

You know I think I'm about the only serious cyclist I know that hasn't screwed up one of their shoulders. How I managed avoiding doing an endo or faceplant with all the Crits I did is unknown to me cause just about everyone else I know has broken theirs.

You know I think I'm about the only serious cyclist I know that hasn't screwed up one of their shoulders. How I managed avoiding doing an endo or faceplant with all the Crits I did is unknown to me cause just about everyone else I know has broken theirs.

I use to love riding a bike, but I could never see me doing it anymore. I'd need a special seat on one of those things to even consider it. I'm a big guy, and I have prostate issues. I don't know if they make anything, that would help, or if I should avoid bikes altogether.

I use to love riding a bike, but I could never see me doing it anymore. I'd need a special seat on one of those things to even consider it. I'm a big guy, and I have prostate issues. I don't know if they make anything, that would help, or if I should avoid bikes altogether.
Na they have Saddle anatomically designed saddles that reduce pressure on your peritoneum. A Brooks leather Saddle that’s broken in works well to but if you’re overweight and out of shape your legs won’t be able to bear your weight and that’s 90’s of the battle.

If you have prostatitis and you’re overweight I’d recommend a recumbent bike. They would place little pressure on your prostat.

Oh please, this is a pussy event.

If you want to see real mountain bike riders watch this.

I don't the guy in the OP would even have the balls to try something serious.

Back