Independent Prosecutor

DeMartMan

I have annoyed many over the years in my demands for a new Independent Prosecutor, I am a strong believer in oversight and supervision of the elected officials who work for us. If you and I can be subjected to drug testing, why not the Congress and for that matter the President?

Actually, this is not about drug testing, rather corruption, corruption of all kinds. We as the employers have a right to know that our employees are following our rules. I would like to see an Department of Independent Prosecution which would be non-partisan and under the control of the Supreme Court. I would like to see it investigate all who serve us. Such an office could investigate the charges of torture and other charges of corruption of the last eight years. This would leave Congress free to do the People's work.

eagleface_flagwave_lg_clr.gif

We need a whole Department as whatever we have now is not getting the job done.

Well of course they aren't. Who could disagree with that? It's such a plain, obvious, common sense statement. No need for facts or figures to back it up, just more populist ranting and fairy dust.

Well of course they aren't. Who could disagree with that? It's such a plain, obvious, common sense statement. No need for facts or figures to back it up, just more populist ranting and fairy dust.

What would you like to see stay covered up? You seem to be quite defensive, all I want is to see our government subjecting to the same scrutiny that every American faces everyday, what is wrong with that?

question_pop_up_from_box_lg_nwm.gif

I have annoyed many over the years in my demands for a new Independent Prosecutor, I am a strong believer in oversight and supervision of the elected officials who work for us. If you and I can be subjected to drug testing, why not the Congress and for that matter the President?

Actually, this is not about drug testing, rather corruption, corruption of all kinds. We as the employers have a right to know that our employees are following our rules. I would like to see an Department of Independent Prosecution which would be non-partisan and under the control of the Supreme Court. I would like to see it investigate all who serve us. Such an office could investigate the charges of torture and other charges of corruption of the last eight years. This would leave Congress free to do the People's work.

eagleface_flagwave_lg_clr.gif

Such an office has fovever been beslimed and besmirched by the abuses of Ken Starr. Starr proved the inherent danger of having a corrupt partisan extremist in such a position. No thank you.

Such an office has fovever been beslimed and besmirched by the abuses of Ken Starr. Starr proved the inherent danger of having a corrupt partisan extremist in such a position. No thank you.

The problem with Ken Starr was that his power was unchecked and one would not want to have the investigator answerable to the investigatee. This is why I believe that such a Department should be in the providence of the Supreme Court. For the most part the Supreme Court is less partisan than either of the other two branches of government and as such would be best to oversee a new Department. My opinion is that if you do not have $100,000 stashed in your regenerator, then you have nothing to fear.

The problem with Ken Starr was that his power was unchecked and one would not want to have the investigator answerable to the investigatee. This is why I believe that such a Department should be in the providence of the Supreme Court. For the most part the Supreme Court is less partisan than either of the other two branches of government and as such would be best to oversee a new Department. My opinion is that if you do not have $100,000 stashed in your regenerator, then you have nothing to fear.

Well that was the whole point of the independent council to begin with. Free from over sight from congress they wouldn't be as likely to be politicized, in principle. The problem was, that in reality, is what happens when the Independent Council is a political partisan who has little oversight or institutional controls? No, there's more down side to the independent councils office then there is an upside.

Back