Indiana and North Carolina predictions

North Carolina

Obama 60%
Clinton 40%

Indiana

Obama 55%
Clinton 45%

No way! I know both states well and Obama will do well in the East Chicago, Gary, Hammond, IN area....let's not forget that the rest of Indiana is the great northern bastion of the KKK. King Raws prediction I think is more accurate.

Same with NC. Obama should win there but not by 20%!

No way! I know both states well and Obama will do well in the East Chicago, Gary, Hammond, IN area....let's not forget that the rest of Indiana is the great northern bastion of the KKK. King Raws prediction I think is more accurate.

Both you and Rawl may be more correct, however, Obama has had workers on the ground in Indiana for a long time, he's won most states around Illinois, and you didn't mention Indianapolis where Obama has the advantage.

In North Carolina, there are a lot of educated and affluent whites, lots of colleges, and a large black population that makes up 40% of democratic voters. If Obama won Georgia by 35.3% .. and trust me, we've got lots of knuckledraggers down here as well .. then surely one can expect he could very well win North Carolina by 20% .. where he has far more advantages.

I don't believe that he has been as damaged by Wright and his 24/7 coverage as the created news would lead one to believe. Pennsylvania was Clinton's state from top to bottom, and the fact that he only lost there by less than 10% is a fact that gets ignored. It wasn't the game-changer Clinton needed in spite of the created news.

Obama was never going to get the closet KKK vote and race was always going to be a factor in this election. But I sense a measurable difference in the mindset of Americans that leads me to believe that perhaps we've grown up a bit and are no longer as easily susceptible to contrived ignorance .. which is not to say we aren't still an invented people, but perhaps just a bit more sane.

Last edited:

I read an article on Indiana and it said that there are only five counties that Obama needs to win there and he will win the state.

For Obama, the raw math suggests a slight advantage. Upward of 25 percent of the primary vote will come out of just two counties: Marion County is home to Indianapolis, the capital and state's largest city, and Lake County is home to industrial Gary, located in the northwest corner of the state and part of the Chicago media market.

Both will strongly favor the Illinois senator, Indiana political observers predict, thanks in part to large African-American populations.

According to Robin Winston, a former Indiana Democratic chairman who hasn't endorsed in the race, 253 precincts in the state have delivered more than 90 percent of the vote to Democrats in recent elections -- and 241 of them are in the Indianapolis-based 7th District and the Gary-based 1st.

Both places have quirks that are likely to benefit Obama.

In Lake County, Obama was a household name well before the presidential race.

"The northwest part of our state considers itself part of Chicago," says Matthew Tully, political columnist for the Indianapolis Star and a Gary native. "They get Chicago TV and read Chicago papers and have been watching Obama grow up as a politician for years now."

In Marion County, Obama's already well-oiled grass-roots operation will get a boost. Rep. Andre Carson, who just succeeded his late grandmother in a special election, will face off against three credible Democratic challengers, spiking turnout numbers in the hotly contested Democratic primary.

"If he wins huge in the cities, it makes it harder to overcome in other places," notes Tully.

In other words, Clinton could win the vast majority of counties in the state and still lose. "We have 92 counties, and if he wins the right five, he's OK," said one Indiana Democratic insider.

That's because, contrary to some stereotypes, Indiana's population is largely packed into small and medium cities -- not spread out in rural areas. It's more than 70 percent urban, and 30 of the state's counties produce 81 percent of the vote.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080423/pl_politico/9817

High turn out in the right places and Obama can win by just winning five counties

I agree. Obama will wrap up the Cities in Indiana. But rural Indiana is HUGELY racist. There are waaaaay to many people there who will not vote for Obama simply because he is part black, though to be honest, that's true of much of the rural midwest. Obama will probably win Indiana but it will probably be close as Clinton will probably sweep the rest of the state.

Back