"inexperience" comparison...

Cancel 2016.2

The Almighty
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/09/sarah_palin_vs_barack_obama.html

"Record of bipartisan achievement

Obama: Speaks movingly of the bipartisanship needed to end the destructive politics of "Red America" and "Blue America", but votes in the Senate as a down-the-line Democrat, with one of the most liberal voting records in congress.

Palin: Ridiculed by liberals such as John Kerry as a crazed, barely human, Dick Cheney-type conservative but worked wit Democrats in the state legislature to secure landmark anti-corruption legislation.

Former state Rep. Ethan Berkowitz - a Democrat - said. "Gov. Palin has made her name fighting corruption within her own party, and I was honored when she stepped across party lines and asked me to co-author her ethics white paper."

"Executive experience

Obama: Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of his campaign staff and a vast crowd of traveling journalists

Palin:Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of 500,000 people in her state, and that impact crucial issues of national economic interest such as the supply and cost of energy to the United States. "

McCain: Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of his campaign staff and a vast crowd of traveling journalists

Obama: Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of his campaign staff and a vast crowd of traveling journalists

So you are saying that Palin should be the pres and McCain VP ?

The more you harp on it the less it is believable. At this point, nobody's buying it that isn't already in McCain's corner.

I love how defensive you hacks are already on this.

Know what? It's only gonna get worse, Superfreak.

So rather than comment on the comparison, YOU get defensive and resort to calling others hacks.

I am sure it is because the One took a whirlwind tour of 20 countries and now he is ready to go.... despite the history of ducking any major issue that confronts him.

So rather than comment on the comparison, YOU get defensive and resort to calling others hacks.

I am sure it is because the One took a whirlwind tour of 20 countries and now he is ready to go.... despite the history of ducking any major issue that confronts him.

Like I said, he went through a vetting process of 18 months and was chosen by millions & millions of voters over other very qualified candidates.

She was basically vetted for a day, and chosen by McCain because his base would have lost it about Lieberman, his first choice, and because she's a woman.

Like I said, he went through a vetting process of 18 months and was chosen by millions & millions of voters over other very qualified candidates.

She was basically vetted for a day, and chosen by McCain because his base would have lost it about Lieberman, his first choice, and because she's a woman.

The vetting process does NOT change his experience level. It simply means that millions of Americans got caught up in his hype.

I do agree that Lieberman would have pissed off the conservative base. She was brought in because he sees her as a female version of himself. He definitely seems to have wanted that "shock" pick for VP. I would imagine he would have liked to have gone with Lieberman, but did not for the reason you mentioned.

That said, do continue to compare your Presidential pick to McCains VP.... it will do wonders for your side.

"That said, do continue to compare your Presidential pick to McCains VP.... it will do wonders for your side."

This thread is a comparison; I was commenting on it.

We'll just have to see how it plays out. I think McCain picked Palin to try to woo 2 groups: the evangelical/social issue base, and Hillary voters. It worked on one count, but I think it will backfire badly on the other count. I also think it DOES take the inexperience issue off the table for the McCain campaign, which was a big issue for them. That's a big sacrifice for him, since I thought it was an effective campaign issue they could hammer Obama with.

It just isn't, anymore. It will be part of the discussion for a few more days, but he'd be crazy to harp on it in the debates or in commercials; it would bring his judgment into question.

This was a bad pick. Like I said, it's only going to get worse as the initial buzz wears off.

"That said, do continue to compare your Presidential pick to McCains VP.... it will do wonders for your side."

This thread is a comparison; I was commenting on it.

We'll just have to see how it plays out. I think McCain picked Palin to try to woo 2 groups: the evangelical/social issue base, and Hillary voters. It worked on one count, but I think it will backfire badly on the other count. I also think it DOES take the inexperience issue off the table for the McCain campaign, which was a big issue for them. That's a big sacrifice for him, since I thought it was an effective campaign issue they could hammer Obama with.

It just isn't, anymore. It will be part of the discussion for a few more days, but he'd be crazy to harp on it in the debates or in commercials; it would bring his judgment into question.

This was a bad pick. Like I said, it's only going to get worse as the initial buzz wears off.

We definitely agree that she was picked to help with the conservative base and Hillary voters... though I think we may have a differin opinion on which Hillary voters she may help with. I would agree that she will not help with the vast majority of Hillary's female voters due to her stance on abortion. But I do think she could help with blue collar men that voted for Hillary (granted, not a huge block, but it could be enough to tip some battleground states)

Obviously, only time will tell as to which of us is correct on the long term benefit/hinderance side of the argument. I think she helps him enough to put him over the top in states like OH, FL, IN, VA, CO and maybe in states like PA and MI.

Obama is still the frontrunner and up by 6 points according to Rassmussens poll released today. So no question the McCain camp has its work cut out for them.

This is what David Frum had to say about Palin, her experience and McCain's age:

Ms. Palin's experience in government makes Barack Obama look like George C. Marshall. She served two terms on the city council of Wasilla, Alaska, population 9,000. She served two terms as mayor. In November, 2006, she was elected governor of the state, a job she has held for a little more than 18 months. She has zero foreign policy experience, and no record on national security issues.

All this would matter less, but for this fact: The day that John McCain announced his selection of Sarah Palin was his birthday. His 72nd birthday. Seventy-two is not as old as it used to be, but Mr. McCain had a bout with melanoma seven years ago, and his experience in prison camp has uncertain implications for his future health.

If anything were to happen to a President McCain, the destiny of the free world would be placed in the hands of a woman who until recently was a small-town mayor.

Ouch. And he's on your side.

Barack-- senator of one of the most populous states

Paulin--Governor of a state with 10 people in it.

That would be a fair comparison is Obama was a GOVERNOR of Illinois, but as Senator, he does not run the state. He is one of 100 Senators. Which leads us to ask... what has he DONE as a Senator to show leadership? Has he spearheaded any legislation? Has he taken a stand on any important issues you would like to discuss?

That would be a fair comparison is Obama was a GOVERNOR of Illinois, but as Senator, he does not run the state. He is one of 100 Senators. Which leads us to ask... what has he DONE as a Senator to show leadership? Has he spearheaded any legislation? Has he taken a stand on any important issues you would like to discuss?

He has a speech from 2002!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/09/sarah_palin_vs_barack_obama.html

"Record of bipartisan achievement

Obama: Speaks movingly of the bipartisanship needed to end the destructive politics of "Red America" and "Blue America", but votes in the Senate as a down-the-line Democrat, with one of the most liberal voting records in congress.

Palin: Ridiculed by liberals such as John Kerry as a crazed, barely human, Dick Cheney-type conservative but worked wit Democrats in the state legislature to secure landmark anti-corruption legislation.

Former state Rep. Ethan Berkowitz - a Democrat - said. "Gov. Palin has made her name fighting corruption within her own party, and I was honored when she stepped across party lines and asked me to co-author her ethics white paper."

"Executive experience

Palin:Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of 500,000 people in her state, and that impact crucial issues of national economic interest such as the supply and cost of energy to the United States. "

Don't you just love how Partisans just cherry pick their information as if truth was an abstract concept?

Back