Infanticide to address a grievance is monstrously evil

Concart

Contributor
So, at the risk of being politically incorrect and to drive home the point of how many monstrous acts are accepted in the name of religion, it should be pointed out that the Jewish faith CELEBRATES the most monstrous case of infanticide in history.

IMHO celebrating the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent children is revolting. Ths is why I will NEVER worship such a monster.

If Israel bombed that hospital they have lost the moral ground. I hope that is not the case.

Exodus 12:21-28

So, at the risk of being politically incorrect and to drive home the point of how many monstrous acts are accepted in the name of religion, it should be pointed out that the Jewish faith CELEBRATES the most monstrous case of infanticide in history.

IMHO celebrating the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent children is revolting. Ths is why I will NEVER worship such a monster.

If Israel bombed that hospital they have lost the moral ground. I hope that is not the case.

There weren't Jews, and there wasn't a Jewish religion in 1200 BC during the events of Exodus involving the ancient Israelites.

What became recognizably a Jewish religion didn't happen until Rabbinic Judaism in the common era. I would read the Talmud to understand how Rabbinic Judaism understands Exodus. Jews are not strict biblical literalists in the way evangelical baptists are.

In 1200 BC, retributive justice was the norm. An eye for an eye. The Pharoh had previously slaughtered the male babies of all Israelite slaves, and in the historical context of the era, retribution against Egyptian children was felt to be entirely just.

Mercy and forgiveness were not even concieved of as categorical moral imperatives until a thousand years later, due to the teachings of Jesus and the Hebrew prophets of the second temple era.

I wonder how many of the missiles currently killing kids, babies, elders, and other noncombatants were made in America. How many of the weapons that Hamas used are made in America? The blood of all those innocents is also on our hands, if the deaths were caused by arms that were made by American hands.

I wonder how many of the missiles currently killing kids, babies, elders, and other noncombatants were made in America. How many of the weapons that Hamas used are made in America? The blood of all those innocents is also on our hands, if the deaths were caused by arms that were made by American hands.

Excellent question. I wish more Americans asked this question.

The didn't. It was a Hamas missile failure. Most of the damage was from burning fuel, not a warhead.

Most are Russian. That said, unless the Russians gave them to Hamas, I fail to see how they could be held accountable.

Most of the crap in the ME was started by the Brits and French over 100 years ago. 45 years of Cold War flooded Third World nations with weapons from both sides.

What survives are mainly AK-47s, not M-16s. Why? Because American weapons tend to be more high tech, but also more high maintenance. Russian weapons are relatively simple, durable and easily cared for in primitive environments.

October 13, 2023
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/13/middleeast/hamas-weapons-invs/index.html
Homemade rockets and modified AK-47s: An annotated look at Hamas’ deadly arsenal
Homemade rockets. Modified AK-47s. Decades-old Soviet machine guns. Cheap, second-hand, and purloined weapons comprised Hamas’ deadly makeshift arsenal that fueled a devastating, multi-pronged attack on Israel over the weekend.

CNN analyzed dozens of photos and videos of Hamas militants during the surprise assault to identify the weapons used to kill at least 1,200 people in Israel. Many of the weapons appeared to be altered Russian or Chinese firearms, presumedly left behind on the battlefield in decades past that eventually made their way into the hands of Hamas terrorists, experts say.

One expert described how the intricately planned assault, in which Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel by land, sea and air, reflects a change in Hamas’ overall military strategy. Others believe certain firearms were likely supplied from Iran, which the US State Department has said bolsters the terrorist group with money, military equipment and training....

...AK-47s

In many of the videos and photos CNN analyzed, assailants toted AK-47s. Lethal, user friendly and easy to find, it’s the preferred assault rifle for militant groups, experts said.

“If you hold down the trigger, you can empty the whole magazine. It has a high cyclic rate of fire. It can be used to spray bullets,” said Stephen Biddle, a Columbia University professor and defense expert, who described the ubiquity of the weapons. “It’s not like Hamas went out of its way to acquire these things.”

One video published on Hamas’ Telegram channel shows fighters – most carrying AK-47s – storming an Israeli military outpost. The assailants make their way through Israeli neighborhoods, fire at an Israeli tank and hold civilians at gunpoint.

Several of the experts CNN spoke to mentioned modifications that some groups will make to AK-47s, including removing equipment to make the weapons lighter and easier to use.

“They would modify it because they’re just all about practicality,” said Lyons.

Spencer noted that modifications like these are often a sign of an unprofessional, yet still dangerous force.

“If it was all standardized, that would be a sign of professionalization,” he said. “You can make minor modifications to older equipment to make it just as effective or make it a little more effective or ergonomic.”

Some of the AK-47s, according to several experts, are also likely old Soviet weapons that were left behind during the federation’s invasion of Afghanistan in the 1980s. Others may be old Chinese weapons funneled into the terrorists’ weapons network. Some may have come from Iraq, where Saddam Hussein bought AK-47s by the thousands. Also, a slew of small arms from Libya penetrated the black market in the 2010s, experts say.

To Lyons, this is the conundrum when more sophisticated militaries leave equipment behind on the battlefield – it may eventually wind up in the hands of terrorist groups.

“This could have been filmed 40 years ago. This is the same equipment,” Lyons said. “They’re simply designed, and they’re designed to work in the most austere and worst conditions in the world.”...

they didnt bomb the hospital you dumbass donkey fucker

Back