Interesting actual facts on these "bring your guns to work" laws

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
http://www.bradycampaign.org/issues/gunrisks/

Guns in Our Workplaces

Gun violence in the workplace is a serious national problem:

* 77% of workplace homicides are committed with firearms.
* Murder is the leading cause of injury-related death for women in the workplace.
* 60% of major employers said in a 2005 survey that disgruntled employees had threatened to assault or kill senior managers in the last year.
* A May 2005 study published in the American Journal of Public Health found that workplaces where guns were permitted were 5 to 7 times more likely to be the site of a workplace homicide compared to workplaces where guns are prohibited.
* Dozens of workplace shootings occur every year.
* In addition, car burglaries are a common source of guns on the black market. 28% of guns reported stolen were taken from parked cars, according to one study.

Guns in Our Workplaces

* Murder is the leading cause of injury-related death for women in the workplace.
* 60% of major employers said in a 2005 survey that disgruntled employees had threatened to assault or kill senior managers in the last year.
* A May 2005 study published in the American Journal of Public Health found that workplaces where guns were permitted were 5 to 7 times more likely to be the site of a workplace homicide compared to workplaces where guns are prohibited.
* In addition, car burglaries are a common source of guns on the black market. 28% of guns reported stolen were taken from parked cars, according to one study.

during the rodney king riot my employer asked me to bring my firearm in from my car and guard the entrance...

during the rodney king riot my employer asked me to bring my firearm in from my car and guard the entrance...

Dude, there were people on top of their fraternity's on fraternity row at USC during those riots that were like 'you will never get my house'...

man, that was a crazy time

Guns in Our Workplaces

Workplace violence was a big problem before the laws were passed that allows guns to be taken to work.

If I am not mistaken, the post office (and other federal properties) are the exceptions to this rule. I could be wrong.

The one thing to remember is that this law does not create a workplace with armed people wandering around. The guns must be securely locked in privately owned vehicles.

I drive a company truck, so this law does not apply to me.

The people are also required to have the CCW permit.

statistics, damned statistics, and lies. especially anything from the brady bunch.

Oh don't shit me. The NRA and their crowds of raving supporters use statistics to lie all the time. I know fully well these statistics are just as misleading as the NRA's, but I'm not going to let the NRA be misleading all on its lonesome.

Last edited:
Oh don't shit me. The NRA and their crowds of raving supporters use statistics to lie in far greater numbers than the pro-sanity and reason crowd.

which is why i'm not an NRA member.

Now that we've established that both brady and NRA camps use statistics to support their own personal views, shall we move on to actual facts?

If I am not mistaken, the post office (and other federal properties) are the exceptions to this rule. I could be wrong.

The one thing to remember is that this law does not create a workplace with armed people wandering around. The guns must be securely locked in privately owned vehicles.

I drive a company truck, so this law does not apply to me.

The people are also required to have the CCW permit.

State property too, at least at Tx institutions of higher learning. This extends to weapons in locked vehicles as well. Of course they don't enforce the no smoking ban very well either, so ...

Dude, there were people on top of their fraternity's on fraternity row at USC during those riots that were like 'you will never get my house'...

man, that was a crazy time

yes, but interesting

the mall across the road from my ex-wife's office was set on fire and looted

remember that la has 4 seasons, fire, flood, earthquake and riots

Back