Interesting claim on the radio.

I heard this today on am680.
Minorities cannot be racist, because they are subject to the will of a majority.

Logic?

Discuss..

That belief is insanity!

The white minority in apartheid South Africa were not racist?

The definition of racism is that you believe one race is superior to another or that you just someone based solely on their race. A minority can do either.

I believe the brain-dead OP has the words "racist" and "bigot" confused.
Nope, the ranting fanatical liberal totalitarian on the radio specifically said minorities cannot be racist.
Logic confuses him too!

lol, fringe right baggers reduced to listening to AM radio is fuck'n hilarious...just say'n.

Carry on.
The guy phoning in was a fanatical liberal totalitarian.
He claimed that minorities are never racist.
That it was impossible for minorities to be racist.

what is wrong with AM radio?

It's dying medium, the only thing holding it together are fringe right mouth pieces...when the baby boomers die off it will have been reduced to the echelons of VHS and 8 track lore.

We're in the day and age of satellite radio, HD video, Netflix, and YouTube...AM radio hasn't adapted to the changes very well.

It's dying medium, the only thing holding it together are fringe right mouth pieces...when the baby boomers die off it will have been reduced to the echelons of VHS and 8 track lore.

We're in the day and age of satellite radio, HD video, Netflix, and YouTube...AM radio hasn't adapted to the changes very well.

i listen to AM as much as FM radio and so do millions of others. where i live, i have equal right wing talking heads as left wing talking heads. there are also show about money management etc....

you can cover your ears and pretend AM is only a dying far right mouth piece....but ignorance is not really bliss

i listen to AM as much as FM radio and so do millions of others. where i live, i have equal right wing talking heads as left wing talking heads. there are also show about money management etc....

you can cover your ears and pretend AM is only a dying far right mouth piece....but ignorance is not really bliss

Yeah, sure thing...advertising revenue on the internet grew by a rate of twenty plus percent...radio, one and a half percent...and that's FM, AM and it's even more dower, it's losing revenue.

Maybe you will be dead by the time it's finally gone the way of the do do bird, who knows for sure...(?)...what's known is that it's (AM radio) losing it's listener base, it's what it is, I don't make the rules.

Adapt or die.

Yeah, sure thing...advertising revenue on the internet grew by a rate of twenty plus percent...radio, one and a half percent...and that's FM, AM and it's even more dower, it's losing revenue.

Maybe you will be dead by the time it's finally gone the way of the do do bird, who knows for sure...(?)...what's known is that it's (AM radio) losing it's listener base, it's what it is, I don't make the rules.

Adapt or die.

sure....that is why limblow, phannity etc... make millions every year

:rolleyes:

i have no doubt that in a few decades satellite and wireless internet will take over fm and am, but now and for the foreseeable future both mediums are still viable.

sure....that is why limblow, phannity etc... make millions every year

:rolleyes:

i have no doubt that in a few decades satellite and wireless internet will take over fm and am, but now and for the foreseeable future both mediums are still viable.

They've got the lions share of the AM radio market...whoopdeedo!

Older folks still listen to radio, that's why Limbaugh's fat ass still rakes in the advertising greenbacks...Depends and Ensure ads, that's his niche - that niche is in it's last phases of life as they know it.

iPhone and Droids being what they are and internet radio being as interactive as it is (Pandora and iHeartRadio) I don't think my kids have even ever actually listened to the radio (AM or FM, they have heard some satellite but only for awhile as a subscription has come with the last three cars we've bought over the last five years, even then though, it's been mostly about iPhones or MP3 players or even CD burned disks prior to that) in their lives.

They've got the lions share of the AM radio market...whoopdeedo!

Older folks still listen to radio, that's why Limbaugh's fat ass still rakes in the advertising greenbacks...Depends and Ensure ads, that's his niche - that niche is in it's last phases of life as they know it.

iPhone and Droids being what they are and internet radio being as interactive as it is (Pandora and iHeartRadio) I don't think my kids have even ever actually listened to the radio (AM or FM, they have heard some satellite but only for awhile as a subscription has come with the last three cars we've bought over the last five years, even then though, it's been mostly about iPhones or MP3 players or even CD burned disks prior to that) in their lives.

what is your point? other than AM is dead....?

you're silly if you think AM is dead in the next few decades. just look at how long HD TV is taking to completely overcome SD. there is more money in TV than radio, thus, radio will take even longer than TV. it is 'free' radio, there is no subscription like SAT radio or internet phones etc, and millions will continue that for decades. i've listened to satellite radio and it is not worth the monthly fee.

what is your point? other than AM is dead....?

This:
lol, fringe right baggers reduced to listening to AM radio is fuck'n hilarious...just say'n.

Carry on.

you're silly if you think AM is dead in the next few decades. just look at how long HD TV is taking to completely overcome SD. there is more money in TV than radio, thus, radio will take even longer than TV. it is 'free' radio, there is no subscription like SAT radio or internet phones etc, and millions will continue that for decades. i've listened to satellite radio and it is not worth the monthly fee.

Limbaugh's fat ass has a heart attack and dies, there's no one to fill that void...Hannity's AIDS flares up again and he dies (or a gay lover's quarrel or car crash..whatever, the point is he's dead) - it's over, AM radio won't recover from the loss.

I disagree, what's more likely to happen is that most of the baby boomers will eventually come around once they see that it's much easier to listen to what they want when they want for "free," (fuck around and some of those old bastards figure out torrent files and entire life's work"discographies" being up for grabs and it's go time) those that don't adapt will be dead soon anyways so it won't matter really, in fact when you fuckers die off that'll be it, AM radio will have to kiss it's own ass good bye.

Besides, I already made the point about ad revenue, what's true is that AM is and has been regressing...the market is becoming ever smaller, which makes what time it's got left compounded.

Back