Iraq Costs US $12B Per Month

uscitizen

Villified User
Studies: Iraq Costs US $12B Per Month

Mar 9, 5:02 PM (ET)

By CHARLES J. HANLEY

The flow of blood may be ebbing, but the flood of money into the Iraq war is steadily rising, new analyses show. In 2008, its sixth year, the war will cost approximately $12 billion a month, triple the "burn" rate of its earliest years, Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph E. Stiglitz and co-author Linda J. Bilmes report in a new book.

Beyond 2008, working with "best-case" and "realistic-moderate" scenarios, they project the Iraq and Afghan wars, including long-term U.S. military occupations of those countries, will cost the U.S. budget between $1.7 trillion and $2.7 trillion - or more - by 2017.

Interest on money borrowed to pay those costs could alone add $816 billion to that bottom line, they say.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has done its own projections and comes in lower, forecasting a cumulative cost by 2017 of $1.2 trillion to $1.7 trillion for the two wars, with Iraq generally accounting for three-quarters of the costs.

Variations in such estimates stem from the sliding scales of assumptions, scenarios and budget items that are counted. But whatever the estimate, the cost will be huge, the auditors of the Government Accountability Office say.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080309/D8VA528G1.html

Yeah, but we can't afford the Children's Health Insurance bill, because it costs 5 billion a year.

And Con who ever complains about federal spending, deserves a quick kick in the skull.

To cons it is all about what we spend it on. If it is spent on externalized coprorate costs it is well spent to them. If it is spent to benefit humanity is is wasted.

Preety much, I agree. That, and the moral and values issues. Either way, I'm screwed by being a social conservative/fiscal liberal.
Good god almighty, no pun intended, you want to tell me what I can do with my money and who and can sleep with. You are the nightmare. But you must be awfully lonely

HAHAHAHAHA!

Best joke usc ever made.

Libertarians are fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

You're just a moron.

It does not bother me at all to be called a moron by a moron. Know what I mean ?

The difference between myself and a libertarian is I realize we need to spend money on the sick elderly and poor, I just want to be sure is it well spent and routed to the proper people.
Fiscally conservative does not mean to cut them off and let them die to me.

I see the pill bill as fiscally irresponsible because bargaining with drug companies for lower price is not permitted.

Last edited:
It does not bother me at all to be called a moron by a moron. Know what I mean ?

The difference between myself and a libertarian is I realize we need to spend money on the sick elderly and poor, I just want to be sure is it well spent and routed to the proper people.
Fiscally conservative does not mean to cut them off and let them die to me.

I see the pill bill as fiscally irresponsible because bargaining with drug companies for lower price is not permitted.
LOL. The "I know you are but what am I?" defense! Masterfully used, just like my daughters!

Back